Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

CamH posted:

1973 240Z. Crappy cell phone pic because I broke my digital camera. L28ET, Tokico Illuminas, ST Springs, ST sways, ZG Flares, Motegi Tracklite II's, currently getting Megasquirt treatment. Hoping to have her running again next weekend! I also have a polyurethane front end that I am supposed to put on it sometime.

LOO posted:

Hey there S30 buddies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Ziploc posted:

It's starting to get on my nerves.

What's getting on my nerves is people having kids before they can afford an additional car to cart them around in. Go buy some bland but reliable 3800-powered GM sedan, or a late 90s subaru wagon. That's what I did, and heck I don't even know when I'll have kids!

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
I haven't been around here very long, is it a running joke to misspell "MacPherson"?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Define "gussied up".

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

metalhead posted:

That's the S, right? Gorgeous.

Also-RWD Skyline?

Yeah, just not a GT-:argh:

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Math is not something I'm good at...

ab0z fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 21, 2009

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Hatebreed posted:

Hahhaah lovely fwd car.

I thought the R32 was AWD (or were you commenting on sleeper status?)

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
I like the extensive GM love you got there. I wish I lived in your climate, I bet it's a lot easier maintaining old cars when you don't have salt on the roads 6 months out of the year.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Those wheels are just right for that 240sx. I think they really match it well, and look better than the tyte d0riftu wheels on most of them these days.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Throatwarbler posted:

Jesus Christ :fap:. When I grow up I swear I'm going to get one of these and put a 13B in it.

That's so backwards I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Lilbeefer posted:

Click here for the full 980x735 image.

The vehicle that I actually use to get to work (and to get extra irony points)

I like the bike!

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Don't worry, the house will be on the market soon and you can buy it and paint the garage. It's obvious they are spending too fast for their means and will soon be bankrupt.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

like.a.kite posted:

You know it all.

Oh whoops this is the post your own ride thread... Probably wouldn't have posted that comment if I had been thinking.
Didn't mean to insult, just know that often that is the case.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Bahamutsrage posted:

g35 coupe wagon brah

Ok now THAT I would buy.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Ok seriously, did it really say that? What was that supposed to mean or be an abbreviation for?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Professor Bling posted:

He's the CG artist for the Fast and the Furious movies.

You're correct. I could immediately tell based on the quality, which is a direct match to that in the movie.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

DoesNotCompute posted:

Every time I tell myself I won't read youtube comments it lasts about 2 hours, then I see some video and go "hmm I wonder what people thought about this...Oh they're all loving retarded, I am never reading youtube comments again."

Then it all repeats.

You know, I went through the exact same thing, perfectly in sync with you.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

morothar posted:

Once it is broken in, I plan on taking it to the Nuernburgring on a weekend, which is only about 100 miles from where I live.

It should be illegal to sell Porsches to anyone except people like you. Glad to hear that it will be used properly!

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

redscare posted:

No its not. Its very heavy, the NA ones are horribly slow and the TT ones are horribly unreliable

Thanks for the information, you saved me a lot of money by warning me of this important fact!

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Das Volk posted:

I wonder if they're any better at working on them than GM mechanics :xd:

After having the seat cover replaced due to there being a small hole poked in it at the factory (yay union workers!) and taking it in for the FeltŪ that was the official resolution for the top squeaking when it was stowed in the hatch, my friend has not had any issues in the year that he has owned his 08 corvette.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

hass posted:

Holy crap, that is one loving sweet always park sideways away from everyone else loving car. Very nice.
Here's my new 2007 Honda SI

Know a guy that has one of those, he let me drive it for a little bit because we ragged on him about VTAK all weekend. Nice car, drives real smooth and isn't harsh or buzzy like the last honda I drove (EG hatch). He wouldn't shut up about the 6SPEED all weekend so that's his nickname now :lol:

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Belldandy posted:

You're telling me that cross drilled rotors are cheaper than blanks from like NAPA or some place? I really do not believe this.

Kids in china make brake rotors for like 14 cents a day

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
...nvm

ab0z fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 28, 2009

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I tend to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

See: 2002 Car of the Year award.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

ratbert90 posted:

still a terribly ugly blue.

So he drives a nice new mustang, what do you have?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

ratbert90 posted:

nope :colbert:
I really like dark blues, but baby blue just isn't my thing, it's personal preference.

Ok so keep posting about it in a thread for people to show off their cars that they love.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Blooot posted:

NICE.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
That's 100% great. I love your glamor shot combined with the pedobear sticker.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

metalhead posted:

Are you browsing on your cellphone or something? No broken tables here, and I'm running a 10" screen.

It was 100 pixels too wide so he got all excited about the rules.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Charles L. gently caress posted:

modz:
  • jdm timing belt
  • clear altezza brake fluid
  • shaved CV joint boot
  • sunroof relay delete
  • angry spider lives in back seat
:c00lbutt:

That's how I described my car at the subaru shootout this weekend.
"What all do you have done?"
"Well, new battery and alternator, beat-up WRX wheels, worn out snow tires. Oh and new wiper blades."

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

TheFrailNinja posted:

Weezy, are you going to post new pictures of your car every day??

I sure hope so. There are less than 50 scions that look just like his car in my town, so I sometimes go an entire afternoon without seeing one, and that's just too long.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

ozziegt posted:

But how often do you see one that is riding the bumpstops?

Every day on the way to work. At first I wondered if it was weezy's car.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Seluin posted:

Yep, they're magnesium. I really like how they look with the rest of the car.

I won't be modding it until I have a chance to try it out on a race track to see what it's like stock. And before I do that I'll need to install a roll bar on it.

My friend recently got one, and drove it at gingerman raceway. He said that about the 3rd or 4th time coming down from 120 for the last turn there was noticeable fade. Might want to take some high temp fluid with you, drive it regular, then full flush with the high temp stuff and compare.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Synapsis posted:

So tell me, is that car as awesome and scary to drive as I hope it is?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Now this is the kind of Honda I could get into. Kudos on the sleeper, I love it.

How much power do you *estimate* it puts out? :v:

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

metalhead posted:

You guys are crazy. The z4 is gorgeous-the M coupe is even sexier.

Every time I see a picture of one of these I just sigh heavily and imagine myself driving one and zone out for a couple minutes.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Hypnolobster posted:

I thought Canada was better than this.

My friend got one of those yellow magnets, except it says support road head

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

KozmoNaut posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzWzmIWpVBQ

"That hurt!"

Yes it did, Jeremy Clarkson, you cunting bastard <:mad:>

That's terrible. And hilarious.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Dr. Awesome MD posted:

Its not a Ford, its a Mazda :smugbert:

With those wheels and no badge, it actually could look like a mazda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

enojy posted:

My best was 14.8 when I just had a short ram intake, but I'm not much into drag racing, so I'd assume a well-versed driver could get mid to low 14s with a bolt-on or two. It's still a Civic in that regard.

Needs more boost.