Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

slandergoose posted:

Thank you! Yea there was a brief period when the 718 had a 4cyl across all trims. The brought back the six for the GTS, GT4 etc.

What are you driving?

Nothing too exciting, but it meets my needs -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

slandergoose posted:

I love the green on copper, what's the interior color?

I wish the dog cargo net matched :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Thanks! I had a dingy, pre-LCI one that was silver-over-black and an automatic. Original plan was to sit on it until I could get a GR Corolla, but for a variety of reasons I said, "gently caress that noise" and swapped out that wagon for this slightly cleaner one with the superior interior color and 6MT too :toot:

I think the official color name is "Saddle Brown" but I call it peanut butter in my head.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TheGoatTrick posted:

Enjoying this a lot. There are a couple of minor things I don't like but overall I'm a huge fan.

:hellyeah:

One of the coolest looking new cars on the market. How long have you had it?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TheGoatTrick posted:

Biggest complaints ... how the door handles and lock/unlock work.

Is it just some byproduct of them being flush with the rest of the door handle? I'm sure I've watched Doug's review of the thing but I can't recall how they work. Push on one end to pop up the other end then grab it?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I mildly regret not waiting longer to save up for a higher quality shop to do the wrap, but oh well. You get what you pay for, and it was definitely cheap labor.

Very cool color in the sun, can really see the yellow/gold come through
I need to order a new mesh for the grille, I hit a bird the other week :(
...And then while walking in the park the other day I got to watch someone back up and ding my bumper and drive off :negative:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Woof

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That is in fact a fantastic color choice.

What's the official name of it?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I don't know why but I love old Saabs and old Volvos so much.

Make Cars Boxy Again :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mcqueen posted:

Its wild that even with absolutely giant wheels (22"?) the Wagoneer manages to look ungainly and top heavy. Like it might just topple over one way on another for any reason, probably onto a smaller and therefore lesser car.

It doesn't matter how right certain proportions may or may not be; when you're parked in front of a garage because you can't park inside of it you're just going to look big.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm not biased and yea, A7's look sleek as hell.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

...What about them?

unrelated;

Finally got a nice sunny photo that really shows off the yellow/gold in the sun :)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

Time to browse Zillow :v:

It's depressingly expensive there; I've been looking to maybe relocate to Denver/Boulder for a while and periodically check Zillow myself

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I live in a city that makes the Top 10 for "Highest Poverty Rates in America", so everything is expensive relative to here :v:

I can't decide if proximity to climbing gyms or to the mountains are more important. Hopefully visiting in October to help answer that, but that depends on how much more the E91 violates my wallet this year I guess :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

MetaJew posted:

Looks great! I'm getting tempted to get some Work Emotion Kiwamis when I wear the OEM tires out. I can't decide if I want to go with a bronze color or hyper silver, or gunmetal tho.

I absolutely love my bronze, but the trend already seems to be setting in with like the M5, Blackwings and a few other cars offering bronze/gold from the factory now.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

gently caress yeah. Awesome color too.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mung Dynasty posted:

I'm a dumb loving bastard with brainworms for 80s cars and almost zero mechanical experience. So I decided to give up a perfectly sorted '87 951 for something worse.

Man. Imagine if cars just looked nice again. I'm so tired of everything being mega angry with a billion lines everywhere.
What a sweet pickup (and I don't mean either of the pickups in the background)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That first and third shot are especially cool, looks awesome indeed

The snazwagon is looking less awesome after a low speed collision last week. Supposedly both insurance companies already agreed to a 50-50 settlement but I haven't been contacted by the other driver's insurance... And my insurer couldn't find the other driver's information when I called the other day?

Cool if I do get a whole new bumper, it was a bit hosed up from 2 other incidents. But now I need to find someone who will wrap just the bumper lol.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 21, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Alarbus posted:

Sharp.

Living in Pennsylvania has spoiled me though, no front plate, and no holes for it either.

I haven't bothered with one in NY, cops didn't even mention it the two or three interactions I've had getting ticketed / in an accident :shrug:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Super lovely there are 2 holes in that aluminum-looking strip, so you can't even just buy 7 white plugs. I imagine it'd be hard to find a paint code for that strip, anyways.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I wish every state offered a simple black and white plate instead of all these ugly designs.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

kastein posted:

They'll fail your state safety inspection for no front plate there, so I ziptied it to the grille and stopped giving a poo poo

Really? drat. I used to live in MA but back then I didn't give a poo poo about my car so of course I had a front plate.

I've got to get my inspection done here in NY, hoping my mechanic doesn't give me a hard time over my window tint. NY has a really dumb law where SUVs and trucks -- yknow, the most popular vehicles -- can have any tint they want on both the front and rear side windows, but anything smaller isn't supposed to block more than like 30% of light in the front sides? 30% Blockage is like "why even bother tinting it at all" levels.

I forget what percent I went with, but definitely more than that. I see tons of cars all the time with super dark tints, so they must be getting passed somewhere 🙃

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TenaciousTomato posted:

RE: license plate chat, got this on the way:

Are those new? Never saw one of those when I lived in Cranston for a few years

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

This has made me go scour dmv.ny.gov looking at what all the options actually are for NY and I just found this:

Makes me think of that one stoner who wears D.A.R.E. shirts

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

^The owner:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

evobatman posted:

My old lovely BMW station wagon was getting too old, worn and unreliable, so I bought a slightly less old BMW station wagon, a 2015 320d XDrive.

Tons and tons of equipment on it. My must haves were adaptive cruise control and power rear hatch, but it also has 360 degree cameras, panorama glass roof, Harman/Kardon surround sound, heads up display and all kinds of BMW M Sport equipment.

Making me wish I got an F31 instead of an E91 :v:
What wagon did you have before hand?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Do you find it to in fact be more comfortable?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

evobatman posted:

I've only done the 8hr transport stint when picking it up and a quick 15 mile drive today, but I'll try to sum up.

Good write up! Thanks!

130K Miles on my N52 328, so the 6MT & I6 and not needing to take out a loan were big factors in my decision, but AAC and a HUD sure would be cool. And I wish I was more patient and found one with the heated steering wheel but oh well :)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Yeah, I seem to recall people being very critical of the E90 when it released, it was such a porker and this and that, the E36/E46 was superior in every way etc etc

<New generation comes out> "Wow this sucks"

<Generation after that comes out> "Previous gen was the last good gen"

That's my understanding of most BMW fans.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Love how absolutely ridiculous the fender aero is

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Swapped over to the OEM Wheels / All Seasons.

Summer wheels for comparison :toot:

Haven't had the OEM wheels on it since I had it wrapped -- I like the silver a lot more than I thought I would.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Welp. I did a thing. Again.

:hellyeah:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Theophany posted:

The big grilles are dope though?

It works on the wagon and SUVs, but not the coupes / sedans IMO.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a mega sniff in your face
You get SPRUNG

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I wish Tasman Green was better :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

BalloonFish posted:

An ice scraper that slots into the inside of the fuel filler flap!

Do what now? Thing looks sweet though

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is the blue thing the handle and then the clear piece clips on to it? That's really neat, I hate having to open my doors when the car is covered in snow to get my scraper out.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh so you just hold on to the little scraper card? Well that's a bit less nice, but still a neat idea.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Blue, black, black, black, orange, gray, silver, black [wrapped green]

Suburban Dad posted:

I hope to never own a black or teal car again. I would really like a nice copper or orange car at some point.

:yeah:

I really liked my Molten Orange FiST, although the Orange Spice color they came out with later is superior -- minus the fact that they kept the molten orange interior instead of color matching it. Loved Le Mans Sunset Metallic for the 350Z but couldn't find one that wasn't riced out / automatic at the time. Never want a black car again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I do know the 'actual' color names for all my cars, although refuse to go look up the names of the blacks I owned (phrasing? 😬) out of lack of respect for the color :colbert: I know the Z was Magnetic Black though because I had to order a paint pen to clean up some scratches