Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010
New Ride! (It had a defect notice from the PO for overly bald tyres. We have new ones put on now and it goes for inspection next weekend. Fixing it with my dad who has been a mechanic for 25 years.)
1989 JDM Celica GT-Four.

Also my car for the past year and the one that gave me the car bug, a 90 Corolla Seca SX. (Not my photo but it looks almost like this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010

Cheap and quick paint job on the GT4's wheels over the weekend, no more flaky silver paint job from the PO. Maybe doing another coat or two next weekend.

Next step is body paint : either a do-over on the white or taking it back to the original red. Really can't decide. :allears:

Dude Sweet fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 28, 2015

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010
Thanks all!

Another photo from the slightly less good side, where the PO must have reverse swiped a building pillar on the left side.
Will be getting this and some little dents elsewhere fixed when it gets a paint job.

Other than that it's a stock '89 JDM model (ceramic turbo and interior luxuries!), is at 149000 kms and is fan-loving-tastic.

I also installed a hood-scoop ornament.

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010
Picked it up from the autobody shop.

Dude Sweet fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 6, 2017

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010
I still haven't properly seen the paint in direct sunlight, but it has a pretty good amount of pearl in the paint.

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010

monsterzero posted:

Pearl? That's not 040 Super White... :colbert:

It's 041 Super Duper White!

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010

track day bro! posted:

That body with the ST205 drivetrain would be my ideal rally rep. I can't even remember the last time I saw a 205 on the road let alone a 185, looks sooo good 😍😍😍👍💯

I've seen a fair few 185s here over the past few years but still no 205s, even at car shows / fan events. I think only 77 ST205s were sold in Australia, out of 2500 worldwide, although Japanese imports like mine might help the numbers a little bit.
Thanks!

Dude Sweet fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 7, 2017

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010
From Australian UV-faded Toyota Super Red to :geno: white :geno:
Pearl white at least!

I sometimes feel a tinge of regret at not going for a dark green or metallic blue or candy red but I like how it looks in white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010

SlimManFat posted:

Hey ST185 friend! Beautiful car! White looks great on these cars. What year is yours?

Here's a poor quality picture of mine:

I had it for a few drives this summer but now it's in the garage because I made it piss oil again (surprise surprise!). As much as I bitch about leaky Toyotas I love it.

Hey thanks! Going by the VIN plate this was one of the first 1000, produced in ~November 1989.

I just got the car back last night, from having preventative maintenance done on the timing belt, water pump, cam/other seals, and coolant.
It had a very slow oil leak from somewhere which is finally fixed. The seals apparently disintegrated and split as soon as the mechanic took it apart, I guess they were almost 30 year old at this point.

Next up is getting the gearbox synchros replaced! Still drives nicely but i've gotta baby it into second gear.

What's yours? I like the black but couldn't stop thinking of all the duuuuuuust

Dude Sweet fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Sep 6, 2018