Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Put a fart cannon on it.

MODS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Panty Saluter posted:

I would definitely struggle with this. If nothing else I do so love the sound of an unbaffled intake, especially on a B series :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp5iuNVRT5Q

They sounds so good when it's not high pitched flatulence from a fart can.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

As promised, daytime pics:

Still jealous. Literally my high school dream car.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PleasusChrist posted:

Very, very jealous.

EBP and SSB are the best Honda colors.

gently caress me running. This just makes me mad again over the new one.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

MetaJew posted:

What's the deal with performance-ish/sports cars not coming with oil temp and oil pressure gauges? I'd like to have a better idea of when I can start beating on my car... But maybe it doesn't really matter as long as I'm but red lining it at start up.

Numbers change changing numbers scary me go to dealer and waste their time.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

MetaJew posted:

I've never heard about this but based on these replies it sounds like it was a "scandal"?

Was it oil pressure dropping with engine temp, or oil life, or some seals deteriorating?

I would like to know more.

(I just want to know how long I have to wait before I can drive my Miata like a go-kart around each corner. It's barely a mile to the freeway on ramp from my house and while the coolant is up to temp, I'm certain the oil isn't.)

Rough estimate is about twice as long as it takes the coolant based on past cars with real oil temp gauges.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

TheMadMilkman posted:

The S2000’s design holds up so well. A minor facelift and it wouldn’t look out of place in the showroom today.

There was a really clean one in the neighborhood we walked past recently, and my wife did not at all believe it was a 20 year old car when I told her.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

sweet christmas

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

My Miata I sold to a kid with 150k, Carfax said he totaled it the next year. BUT! It was resold, rebuilt, and is back on the road with 190k. Actually found it here: https://www.mx5world.com/registry/1997-Mazda-Miata-JM1NA3538V0728809.53186/ at least it's tastefully done.

The Mazdaspeed3, sold with 50k to a dad, same owner still has it, he does like 20k+ a year and it's also pushing 200k now. Makes me feel good that it didn't get ruined by the Monster decal crowd, but also that's its still on the road with that many miles.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Raluek posted:

lol have you seen a picture of a JL with it down?

I audibly guffawed

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

StormDrain posted:

How are those wheels both too big and too small?

this describes 99% of aftermarket truck wheels, gotta love it

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Saturn?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Be still my beating heart

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Voltage posted:

I keep driving by this abandoned gas station and I really want it, can't find who owns it though :(

Tidy fuckin NA.

Do me and my OCD a favor and tug on the headlight cover here to bring it level with the hood please and thank you

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

afen posted:

I bought a caravan! 1986 Bjølseth 600 Grand De Luxe, and what a beauty she is!

I'm confused how can you possibly pull that without a F550 with a 25,000lb towing capacity???

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

30% has always been my go-to. Dark enough to cut the sun and provide a little privacy, but not utterly useless at night and doesn't tend to draw any unwanted attention from the cops.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

A speed3 was my first new car (08.5 in white, it ruled and I wish I never sold it).

Same and same except metro gray. God I miss it, and stock examples like mine when I sold it are unobtanium now. Was yours a GT? Those Alcantara seats were :discourse: According to Carfax it's still on the road with 195k mi so that makes me feel good at least. The dude I sold it to had his head on straight and didn't seem like he was gonna straight pipe/Monster decal it up.

IOwnCalculus posted:

You've chosen exceptionally well. My youngest brother had a C5Z for a few years and I managed to finagle a few drives in it. The interior sucks but everything else is sublime. It drove like my old Miata with double the power and double the rubber.

This is exactly how I described my C5 that I bought after selling my NA Miata. It really does drive like a big Miata and not in a bad way.

opengl fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 25, 2023

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Jealous, we only got maybe an inch yesterday before it turned into rain all night and this morning.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

The general populace have no idea what a rotary is, never mind how to actually take care of one.

This is the real explanation. Doubly so for the automatic examples, those things were doomed from the start.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

You glorious bastard

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Still have the 390? Just sold mine last week to make room for a track bike.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Aren’t hardtops like $2k+ these days? I remember thinking the $1k they were going for was wild back when I had my NA about 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Rusty posted:

They are expensive for sure but this was not 2k or even 1k, so obviously the person who did this was extremely nice and I thank him. I like the look a lot more as well as it seals nice now.

Yeah you done really good then. Looks great.

I passed on a marina green mica hardtop at $750 that needed very light repair to match my 97 m edition and still regret it to this day even though the car is long gone. It was like a slightly darker shade of green BRG with faint gold flake.