Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

soon to be traded in for this

I'm excited :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
Went with White instead of Blue

and the AC gets cold ;)

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

AF posted:

A grill on top of a grill :psyduck: but that's some cold a/c alright

I like it easy to clean the bugs off :P

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Cleaned it up a bit, got rid of the dumb dealer plate but not in this picture.
:hurr: No I'm not 80 no I'm not black. I just love the look of these cars sooo much nicer than my Fusion.

Get the windows tinted Thrusday and hopefully I can get new headlights next paycheck.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Rhyno posted:

What you being black have to do with anything?

I often get asked if I stole/bought it from a black guy, I guess only black people can drive 300s

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

AF posted:

Just bought a Cadillac Chrysler - THROW SOME D'S ON THAT BITCH

Yeahhhh nooo I think the stock rimzzz will do just fine for a while.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

2012 Wrangler Sport took it home yesterday.

Me and my roomates are trying to look gay and make all the colors of the rainbow.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

New Shoes

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

I had to sell my Wrangler to get a lower payment. Ended up with a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE. I'm sure I'll get yelled at for this decision but, the car is clean rides great just need to replace the gangster grill for factory and do a headlight restoration and I'm set. Hopefully it is reliable as I've read, it seems deceptively quick.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

West SAAB Story posted:

So, why is the car carefully hidden from sunlight? Is it a vampire, living upon the fluids of the living? :ohdear:

Its embarrassed by the grille the previous owner put on it.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

MidasAg posted:

Well, there is no way in hell I can compare to Holdbrooks, but I just got my first ever new car, 2013 Dodge Dart. It's my commuter car for work/grad school, and my wife when she has to travel for Nursing Clinical, so it just needs to be comfortable, decent MPG, and have a warranty. It may not be AI-worthy, but I love it so far.

Sales-lady going over a few things with my wife

Sitting at work, the Porsche was a client's.

I worked on the assembly line for that car and in the repair hole. Don't be surprised if this car falls apart like every other Chrysler. I'm still in contact with my friends on the assembly line and they are constantly being sent home early because to many cars are going into repair from workers not doing their jobs correctly. They hired a 3rd shift to produce this car and people got little to no training on how to do their jobs correctly. But hey there is a 1 in 3 chance I put the doors on your car.

Few things I like
- This thing feels like a race car when steering its so tight and responsive.
- For what it is the exhaust sounds niceee especially on the R/Ts
- The leather models are EXTREMELY comfortable
- I cant remember if it is all models but the passenger seat lifts up from where it meets the backrest to unveil a secret compartment

Few things I hate
- Shoddy build quality using cheap as hell parts because good suppliers couldn't keep up with demand, I've literally had trunk release cables not threaded through the correct bracket and they let it roll off the line that way because it will cost more for them to send it to repair.
- Sides of car are bland as hell
- I've crashed 3 of them, expect to die in anything over 15 mph.
- poo poo like this was done constantly

Guru Yaekob fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 7, 2013

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My buddy's Dart has been in the shop over 15 times already in the year he's had it.

We had a girl win one in the plant and it broke down on the side of the road the second day she had it. She had to get it towed because something with the computer malfunctioned and it wouldn't shift past 1st.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I test drove one and half a mile from the dealership, it made a crazy whirring sound and all the gauges went nuts and did several quick full sweeps then the whole gauge cluster shut off. Took the dealer two months to get a replacement and install it. They called me back for another test drive and I politely declined.

The R/T was delayed because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with the computers but the car actually was weaker than the other trims. When you would drive it and coast the rpms would constantly dip as if it was about to die. Then they changed the name to GT and then that is about the time I moved. I mean I'm sure some people will have this car for years to come but I wont touch it with a 10 foot pole, I've seen the repair hole loaded up with 950+ cars on days, we build 1200 a day. They give us shoddy rear end equipment to do the jobs as well so it isn't all the workers fault. I've seen them use duct tape to hold wiring together on some cars because we ran out of the other stuff.

Here is the secret seat
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/09/12/dodge-dart-seats-storage/70000155/1#.UiuiDcakrCc

Guru Yaekob fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 7, 2013

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

MidasAg posted:

Well don't I feel so great about my purchase now. Oh well, glad I have a 5 year/100k warranty. I will say, after a week, and 400 miles, I enjoy it enough. Hopefully, since I JUST bought it, they worked out most of the issues. But, what are you going to do? I bought a cheap commuter car, that looks decent. I can't expect top level quality and such.

Also, what was so bad about the crashes? I saw it was a top IIHS pick, and mostly 5 star crash ratings. What was your experience?

Well I used to work in repair so you drive cars and sometimes you have no idea whats wrong with them while your taking them to a station. One time I got in the car pressed the breaks to make sure there was pressure which you always do, and then started it up put it in drive and was just gonna let the transmission do its thing without touch the gas to go to the station welp I went to touch the breaks and guess what there were no breaks anymore I rolled into a toolbox and the car crumpled up like a tin can.

I'm not trying to poo poo on your parade at all, I like the car a lot and I'm sure every plant has these issues, but knowing the things that went on in that plant I would be terrified to own one. Ignorance is bliss.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

MidasAg posted:

That is funny. But I think its more of the German roots of MB fighting off the Italian. Or some poo poo like that.

Don't worry, I got my umbrella.

I think that applies to almost anything though. It's like learning how food is made, or how hospitals are cleaned. Ignorance is bliss. Don't forget, its a mass produced thing. It's going to have some defects. As for crashes, it's still probably going to survive better than my old Geo Tracker would have, or a bicycle. And I do like the car a lot. The only grip I have is that the seat is too high. I wish it was about 2" lower. I might have to look into ways to accomplish this.

I'm 6' 3" and the only way I found to get around the height of the seat is to lean the back rest further back. I think the higher end models it goes down lower but yeah on some models I had to adjust the back rest to fit comfortably.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

JQADDINGMACHINE posted:

I have a 1996 Mustang Cobra

just repainted it myself not too long ago but I messed up the clearcoat mix, so I have to sand it all down and re clear it because it never cured :downs:

What kind of car meet is this I'm confused...

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Went From:

To:
2006 BMW 325I, now I wont feel so out of place when pulling into a worklot of BMW/Mercedes/GT500s/Jaguar XF's
This could be the start of a new love hate relationship.

My dad always told me never date a black car, but I'm in love. :a2m:

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Larrymer posted:

Car looks very nice. I wish black cars weren't so hard to keep clean because they're gorgeous for that first five minutes of cleanliness. Also if I were you I'd remove the fake roll bar ("style bar"). It's not going to help in a crash/roll.

Gave my baby her first wax and god drat did it look good at the wash. Two days later and I have the urge to clean it again :( I'll have to take some "cool" pictures later just wanted to chime in on the "black women cars are a lot of work" I also need some new rims that aren't black or chrome because I hate that black out trend.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

My poor person BMW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

My poor person 325i after a fresh wax. Doesn't look bad for a 2006 with 135k miles, now if I could just sell the drat thing so I can buy another Wrangler my life would be complete.

Guru Yaekob fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 10, 2014