Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
1984 Porsche 944

'86 Turbo suspension & brakes, 30" & 22" sways, MSD, 993 Turbo Twist wheels

1993 Jeep YJ

pretty much stock, 280K miles

They trade daily driving duties depending on weather conditions but surprisingly both run very well.

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 17, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
Here's a few nice shots of my Genesis Coupe (3.8, MT) from a get together on 2/21. Mine's the silver one in both pics:

There were 25+ coupes on that drive.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

Previa_fun posted:

Very nice! I just recently saw a red Genesis Coupe up close in person. Very good looking cars. How do you like it?

I'm only up to 2000 miles but I'm loving it. The 3.8 came standard with more creature comforts than I'm used to, and I like the interior. It doesn't corner quite as well or feel as one with the road as the 944 I traded it in for, but it's very fast. It's still relatively tight, it feels comparable to a 350Z. (I haven't driven the 370.) I think better tires will help it stick more. It came with Bridgestone Potenza all-seasons and right now the rear end end is a little quick to go sideways.

I can't wait until spring hits and I can really enjoy it. I'm still a little hesitant to drive it all-out with the roads all mucked up, it feels like it could get away from me much easier than my 944, which could be driven balls-out all the time thanks to the whopping 150 horses and wide summer tires. With more than double that HP, I need a day at autocross to sort everything out. But yeah, this car rocks pretty hard.

One more - under the hood. I told myself the monthly payment was going to supplant constant tinkering on the 944, but now I'm getting the itch for a cold air intake and maybe exhaust:

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 2, 2010

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

omgitstheinternet posted:

...go with the 135i

Counterpoint:

2009 335xi ZSP

Just picked it up a week ago; traded in a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 M/T. It drives like new and looks drat near so, inside and out. The previous owner was a mid-60's deacon who documented maintenance for everything down to the wiper blades and was kind enough to purchase the factory maintenance package until 2015. It's fully loaded with sport, premium, and cold weather packages, dark walnut trim, and assorted doodads.

OK yeah even though it's a little stubby I'd rather have the 135 too, but I'm 6'5" and need a backseat sometimes

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 16, 2012

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
derp quoted an edit

Content:

Future plans include slam, bag, demon camber, carbon fiber everything

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 16, 2012

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

BrokenKnucklez posted:

God, that brown interior is so sexy. My 550i has it, and people always comment on how beautiful the interior is. Especially a black exterior, it just screams class.

That was definitely a selling point for mine too — saddle brown leather, dark burl walnut:

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
Thought I'd wash the 335 today. But while I was at it, I figured it should get a good vacuum. And a detail. A wax is due for the season, too. If I'm going to wax, I should polish. What's the point of polishing without pulling out the clay bar? Where's my buffer?

4 hours later: