Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MetaJew posted:

RPF1s seem like a kind of "expensive" winter wheel set. Also, gently caress you, do a burnout, etc.

Yeah I don't always make decisions that most people would consider "fiscally responsible" or "rational" or "not moronic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sorery my mistake

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 30, 2019

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Oops that was supposed to be a pic of the wheels how do I edit my post

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sorry I'm sure I have a better pic somewhere but I can't find them so I just went out in the garage and took a new one

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Those are badass

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

At the Crystal Mine outside of Reno. Last 1/4 mile a little bit of ground clearance helps.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Something that some people might not have known/realized, the only way to get the shortest F-150 bed (5.5') with the SuperCab (not the bigger SuperCrew, as pictured above) is to get a Raptor, which makes it 12" shorter in both length and wheelbase than any other extended cab F-150. They don't do it for any other trim.

Which is mostly why SuperCab Raptors look so badass IMO.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Car for kickin rad grandma

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

-2 snow tires and still looking good imo

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ford turck

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tremek posted:

They can't all be gold pal, apparently the Raptor's LSD is too wussy to lock 'em both up.

This is not surprising since the raptor does not have a rear LSD.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Suburban Dad posted:

Ford has little control of what dealers sell the car for. That's what is so annoying about the current sales model. Oem is at the mercy of lovely dealers who are usually the only ones who face customers and shape people's perception of brands. :bang:

Ford has 100% control over how many cars they make though. Eg Ford only ever makes around 5000 GT500s a year so the prices generally stay high allowing dealers to price gouge meanwhile Fiat pumped out nearly 20,000 Hellcat challengers the first two years so after the relatively short initial rush you could easily get a deal on one.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Steve French posted:

Took a detour on the way to the grocery store today

You inspired me, but the lighting fuckin sucked (totally overcast but like a light overcast, I think it actually might have been better if the clouds were even thicker) and the air quality probably wasn't the greatest either. There's probably some pics I took that could be massaged into being decent but I think I'll just go back on a better day.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rhyno posted:

From that angle and with that spoiler the rear doesn't look so bad.

I actually like the flatter rear end of the 09 but the more 1969ish 1/4 flare of the 2010. I do think the spoiler helps though.

I was kinda pissed tbh when they took the GT500 nose and put it on every Mustang for 2013/14 because the 2010-2012 non-GT500 hood/nose was not great IMO.

Regular:

GT500

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you were driving down Mt Evans in neutral at normal speeds just using the brakes, no engine braking, how long do you think it'd take before your pads started smoking? 1/4 of the way down? 1/2?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How does the carbon fiber genital cradle feel

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does the clock work

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

KakerMix posted:

Betraying the topic, I did something sensible and purchased ourselves a Volvo wagon.

god drat that's a pretty car

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've never seen a vent in a B pillar is that something that people do now?

I'm pretty sure I'd hate it because I'm 6'5" and I need that space for like my arms and shoulders but it's probably a great idea for normal sized humans.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm always so jealous of adjustable thigh support.

My loving thighs need support goddamnit

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MetaJew posted:

Well, the dealer told me they had to get approval from some manager for the price I wanted but acted like they could get me to $28k out the door. They called me back and said they couldn't so I guess I'm taking the car back.

My wife likes the RF. I think I still prefer the soft top but I would probably be happy with either one.

Pls don't ban me for posting what I thought was my ride but isn't.

Sorry, rules is rules.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ether Frenzy posted:

It's really weird how ghost sightings dropped off 5000% the second reliable cameras were invented.

Are you saying ghosts are afraid of reliable cameras

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lane keep assist but no adaptive cruise control? That’s bizarre.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

joat mon posted:

Amen, but I'll take a cool evening.

jesus

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I have done an thing. Thanks toplitzin!

Got a butterburger and some frozen custard?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Silver is a boring color and doesn't do that car justice, you need a wrap in an insane color.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Crowdfund a Miami blue wrap, I’ll kick in :20bux:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Still need center caps and window tint and maybe one of those vehicle specific 10" subwoofer enclosures that tucks into a corner of the trunk

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah the loss of carplay stings a little bit. Tesla's voice recognition is really good though which helps. I still haven't figured out how to get it to play my play lists with voice, maybe it isn't possible.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheGoatTrick posted:

"Mom, can we have a Boxster?"

"We have a Boxster at home."

The Boxster at home:

I already have a Miata, but the opportunity came up and I couldn't not take it. Already cleaned it up a bit and replaced the struts and a couple other suspension components. Putting stuff in it is a pain (the only storage is behind the seats) and it is as slow as all the reviews say, but otherwise I'm having a great time.

I don't understand why they never put the 2ZZ in these.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What’s on the gas door?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Finally got the windows tinted and clear bra and mud flaps on

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It has been born

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My dad always talks about the Rover he had in the 60s that redlined at 1.5 mph in 1st gear low range. IIRC at also redlined in top gear in high range at around 50 mph.

Reviews I've seen have praised the transmission in general and the crawl gear specifically. Apparently the clutch isn't the greatest though. The crawl gear makes the lowest gear ratio about 10% lower than a Rubicons while keeping the regular gear ratios in high range more "normal."

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Got tired of waiting for my Bronco order to show up.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

worth noting too that the original jeep (the piece of military materiel) was designed that way for crating purposes. it had to fit inside a certain envelope for shipping and they achieved that by dropping the front windshield - amongst a few other things. probably most posters on AI already know that:

there is basically no reason a modern jeep should have this feature, aside from lineage purposes. driving on a paved road in traffic with no windshield is obviously idiotic. jeep owners sometimes claim that wheeling on trails is better with the windshield down for visibility purposes, and maaaaaaybe on CJs that was true, but i've done a fair bit in my 4runner and also in the passenger seat of jeeps and i don't believe that. so for jeeps to go way out of their way to still include this "feature" which is a pain to set up and affords no benefit and looks increasingly comical is just icing on the jeep cake for jeep haters lol

I off roaded a few times in my CJ-7 with the windshield down and it feels kind of neat just because it’s so weird but I really don’t think it made a difference in visibility.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yep exactly

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kill me now posted:

New wheels for the JCW

Looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheFonz posted:

loving LOL Nevermind.

I was in the middle of an intersection at night turning left, as the light turned red. Didn't see a young guy in a van trying to beat the light. He told me he sped up to make it, but I honestly didn't see him until I was a foot into his lane, so I failed to make sure it was clear.
Back to searching. Just gotta wait for the check. Thankfully I don't owe anything on it so that should be simple. And very appreciative the kids were asleep at home and not out cruising with me.

JFC that sucks

Did the guy actually beat the light or did he run a red?