Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
awoooooooga!

The black top looks slick as hell, you can't go wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Current printed vinyl lasts for 5-7 years, but that can be extended even more by using a clear wrap film over it, which can add anywhere from another 4-9 years of life to it. Like clear covers, they protect the more expensive printed vinyl from road debris etc.

what's the cost of a whole car custom vinyl and cost of installation?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
I hope we get some stupid wraps out of your thread

content:Corner balanced the MR2

with me

without me

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

BraveUlysses posted:

https://i.imgur.com/z2QY4KN.mp4

finally made it through the breakin period

hell yeah

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

um excuse me posted:

WHAT IF the two best colors are black and white?

I don't know what its called, but there is a creamy white color with iridescent metal flake in it which is one of my favorite colors. I have a shifter knob coming in the mail that is probably the prettiest color I have ever seen, I'll post it when I get it, but its black paint with a rainbow metal flake in it. I'd unironically do my whole car in it.

I really like the Nd Miata in white & that champagne color.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

TheGoatTrick posted:

"Mom, can we have a Boxster?"

"We have a Boxster at home."

The Boxster at home:

I already have a Miata, but the opportunity came up and I couldn't not take it. Already cleaned it up a bit and replaced the struts and a couple other suspension components. Putting stuff in it is a pain (the only storage is behind the seats) and it is as slow as all the reviews say, but otherwise I'm having a great time.

Hell yeah, fun car. I’ve got a 2zz/c60 in mine and have it under 2100lbs. it rips.

Recommendation: Put a k in yours and super rip.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Why is AI so weird for the Ukraine war? Like, turbo weird. Keep that poo poo in D&D/GBS

Like dudes are rationalizing nazism on the racism thread.

Why?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

track day bro! posted:

I don’t want to go from a 1200kg sports car to a 1600kg saloon. I’ve already got a boring practical car anyway. I could stretch to the QF but really a big automatic sedan doesn’t interest me. I might as well just buy an M4 or something as they are surprisingly affordable.

sounds like you have a plan, but what about the gr yaris? it's ~1200kg.

as a dude with a 2zz mr-s & a gr corolla the G16E-GTS is a fun, peaky engine attached to a nice transmission.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

track day bro! posted:

I do really like the idea of the GR Yaris and I do see them about quite often. I’d have to stretch my budget for it but it would be do-able, it’s just idk I’ve never really been interested in that sort of car. Same reason why I ended up with the MR2 over a Celica GT4 I guess.

I’m pretty much set on getting a facelift GT86 and for the price those go for here would also give me some budget for some mods too.

For sure stick with the plan. my comment came from the Giulia weight remark and RenaultSport Megane cup engine remark.

If used GT86 could be found near me at any kind of a decent price and I was the only one to consider, I would have gone that route. With used so close to new GR86, I was pretty close to going with a new GR86, and kinda wish I did. They have been dominating the local autocross with a few simple mods (tires, race seat, coilovers)

The gr hatch was a mix of compromises for me. Mainly, my wife prefers the hatch and we've got a couple of dogs. It has grown on me enough, that I'm thinking of selling the mr-s.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

BlackMK4 posted:

hell yeah :)

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Primary purpose is for autocross use (not like I’m gonna be a National champ or anything) so I just ordered a set of 16” Enkei wheels with 215/45/16 Azenis RT660 rubber. I might keep them fresh in the garage til spring season, but we still have a couple more events to attend this year. The wheels are about 5lb lighter than the Advan1’s on there now, and there’s no way the current Toyos will compare in grip to the Falkens. I’ll still run the 17’s on the street.

You have an ND right? Those things are absolute killers in the cone races. I was considering one but it would have maxed my budget before tires and other costs. This way, I bought the NC, wheels/tires for it, and I can still buy suspension for my son’s Z4 for next season and be way in the black budget-wise.

How wide of wheels did you get? the rt are wiiiiide my 205 staked taller than BIL re-71 in 215

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
86 Cherokee wagonneer - beige & wood veneer
95 civic ex - champion white
93 Fleetwood - slate green metallic
01 MR2 spyder - solar yellow
07 4runner - black
23 gr corolla - black

my color game really fell off a a cliff, but getting a white civic instead of a turquoise is my greatest sin

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Powershift posted:

I think 7500. 112 furious horsepower.

The bolsters are soft and my shoulders clear them. It's comfortable, but very much like wearing the car. The dream would be finding a porsche cayman in the pick-n-pull for the seats but that's....not gonna happen.

Still, i'll never fit in a Miata, S2000, or Exige. My options for ~2200lb cars is quite limited.

Zzw30 mr2 are surprisingly roomy!

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
dope as gently caress, that's a real good shitbox you got there

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Octopus Magic posted:

Run the 2ZZ into the ground first IMO, fellow chrome orange owner.

:yeah:

it's a cool engine and finicky enough it's only a matter of time if you drive the piss out of it.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
the Volvo is dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
hell yeah!!