Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, people no longer buy wagons unless they are Subaru. The station wagon market is now 1.3% of new sales with 1.2% of those being Subaru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
After sitting for over ten years, we got my roommate's spitfire running, and I got to take it out on a drive for the first time since it was nice out today in the NW.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
It doesn't look anything like a minivan.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Washington State ended smog testing in 2020 after having it for 38 years, and I am pretty jealous as an Oregon resident.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Blaupunkt is not stock. Also four-speed baby.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

joat mon posted:

E-type? More pictures?
I'll take some more at some point, but it's really my roommate's car so I can't claim it as my own. We're going to get it running again this weekend hopefully, so when it's out of the garage and cleaned up I'll grab some photos.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Soft top ripped, so new top for the Miata. Not my work, a friend owns a shop and restores cars, so it was a donation from another car. The most stock and boring Miata possible, but still fun.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
They are expensive for sure but this was not 2k or even 1k, so obviously the person who did this was extremely nice and I thank him. I like the look a lot more as well as it seals nice now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Ether Frenzy posted:

Hey that's basically identical to mine but I have the steel wheels. My original soft top is also near death (It's a '92 with 70k). I've driven mine exactly once with the roof up (it was raining) so the hard top isn't for me, but that looks pretty sharp. I've been debating whether to stick with the black top or get tan when I do replace the existing top, my paint is somewhat more faded from SoCal sun and it may get wrapped to British racing green if I do go with the tan top.
Nice, yeah, we will probably take it off for the summer. It doesn't get driven much but sometimes it is needed as a second car, so it's nice to have the hardtop for the not summer seasons.