Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
I have a thing with 4-cyl Japanese sedans, apparently. The Si is all stock except tint, oe foglights, and some interior aesthetic upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
I absolutely love the look of the new C300s. Nice looking car.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
Nice GG sedan, I had a tough time deciding on colors myself. It was between Tafetta White, GG, and fiji Blue. Ended up with the Fiji:

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
Hooray, the Stock Si army is growing. Are those the 17 or 18" HFP wheels? Good looking Galaxy Grey :) I was torn between GG, Fiji, Tafetta White, and Fiji.

Really wish I would have got the white one now, but whatever.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002

100% mechanically stock 2007 Civic Si. Inside I've added an aftermarket subwoofer, dead pedal cover, and shift boot. 20% tint on rear windows.

Quick wash and wax today. New Goodyear Eagle GT rubber. about 26k on the clock in this picture.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
There is legislation in the Illinois congress right now to allow for 35% all around the windows (except windshield). If you have anything less than 35% in the rear, they will allow up to 50% for the front side glass. The bill was basically approved, but Govenor Quinn rejected it because the wording would have made certain SUVs and minivans with OEM tinted glass illegal. He sent it back for them to update the wording, and thats the last I've heard of it.

House Bill 3325 for any Illinois goons that are interested:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=3325&GAID=10&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=&SessionID=76&SpecSess=&Session=&GA=96

We'll be getting my wife's windows tinted to 35% once it passes. I doubt I'll do anything with mine, but my next car will get 35% as well.

Kind of stupid law, but the police in my city pull people over for it left and right, and they dont write fix it tickets, either. Its $75 a pop usually.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Wait, so you can go as dark as 35% on the fronts, but if your back ones are darker you can only go to 50%? Maybe I'm reading something wrong.

But yeah, I had just bought my car not too long before I got pulled over for it, so I just played dumb. Luckily I got a nice officer and he let me off with a warning.

Edit: Just read through that again - I think I had it backwards.

Yes the proposed bill is you can have 35% all around (as long as you have a rearview and both side mirrors). You can still have any % tint you want on the doors "not immediately adjacent to the driver", but if you have anything less than 35% light transfer, the new maximum allowed in the front is 50%.

So: 35% all around, or dark as you want in the back glass/back windows and 50% up front.

Better than nothing I guess, looks like the bill is going to be passed pretty soon.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
They make normal black ceramic tint that has very good heat rejection.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
PRTYALARM

http://killboy.blogspot.com/2009/11/woot-woot.html

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002

sbaldrick posted:

Since when is 2400 square feet not a McMansion..that is loving huge. @$%YIO!@*%@% fat Americans.

We bought a 4 bedroom/2.5 bath 2 story with a 2 car garage. 3600 finished square feet, and its by far one of the smallest in my neighborhood, and only average for our town. :(

I wish it were smaller I dont like cleaning all of this crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
Wow, an unmolested S14. How many more of those exist in the wild? I'd venture to say not that many.