Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Daily:

Race Car:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

tractorcrusher posted:

drat, it looked so much better on the monobloc'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s's'''''''''s'ss'ss''''''s is, shame about the fitment. Did you sell them off, or are you getting them sized to fit at a machine shop...?

Edit: motherfucking apostrophes, they breed like rabbits

Sterndotstern fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 23, 2009

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cage posted:

Its not quite a dent, it just slightly goes inward at that point. Is there anything I can do about it?

Paintless Dent Removal -- PDR -- is very effective at getting these out and is way cheap, like $50-100 tops for something like that.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

parid posted:

Track day! One of my many vacuum lines broke during the second to last session which caused some boost control issues. But hey; getting 3/4th way through a track day with an FD is a good track day.

I admire your taste in wheels. First track day?

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

_firehawk posted:

Be very careful when it rains.

Yes, be very careful both times it rains next year.

Having lived in AZ for 20+ years, I can tell you that tint can only help so much. If the car sits in the sun, just like everything else, it will get insanely hot. At the race track one sunny day in May, I was using the laser pyrometer to get track and tire temps -- for shits and giggles, I took the surface temp of a black BMW that was on grid, the skin of the car was over 230F/110C. It's loving hot here (track temp was a paltry 140F/60C).

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Blow Dog posted:

That is one of those cars that you'd love to be able to pass on to your kids...

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Method Loser posted:

nigga when I get it back in 2 weeks or so don't make my riced out Z destroy whatever you got at Steele. Don't ut yourself through the humiliation, I WILL MAKE EVERYONE IN AI KNOW YOUR 1 OF NONE MADE RARE 67 MUSTANG GOT ICED BY A JAP RICEMOBILE (on stock turbos no less, just wait till winter when the GT2560s come on and it's making north of 500whp)

Best poster/post combo.

Content:

This is the car my wife wants, but only if it's a manual.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

omgitstheinternet posted:

Good buy for the price and mileage. I know the hellaflushness of the wheels won't bother you, did the top get slashed up for the stereo theft? loving theives.

Looks absolutely great, though, but I think someone polished about 1/6th of the front bumper before giving up. A little elbow grease and/or a polisher will tidy that up quickly, and even if it doesn't match the rest of the paint, it will look 1000% better.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Daneo posted:

Well, it's a lovely piece of kit, and you should revel in its purple magnificence. Take it for a spirited drive or even a track day or two.

Then consider the input of the two gentlemen above me. They're not threadshitting; the coil overs are iffy and that filter does look rather tattered; consider an ITG foam filter if you still want free-flowing air with a minimum of nasty bits.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

AnomalousBoners posted:

Why would anyone hate on a Cayman?

"The only REAL Porsche is a 911 GT2, anything less is for poseurs and va-jay jays."

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Eat Fresh posted:

my dream

Live the dream, amigo, because your car is absolutely perfect. Your means matches your taste and that is a rare thing indeed. In my opinion, you have The Best Car.

Mine is depressingly responsible in comparison:

... but it's got a Boxer motor, so it's basically the same thing as your Cayman.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mr. Toast posted:

Thanks!

This captures the color a little better:

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

Your car is absolutely great. What drew you away from the obvious Alpine White choice of color?

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mezmerized Machine posted:

and since this is post your own ride, here it is next to my Miata

Never upgrade your wheels. That is just a staggeringly lovely base Miata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

MiniFoo posted:

now I have an inexplicable tire-rubbing issue on just the front driver's side. The sidewall's hitting the bottom of the strut assembly and I don't know why, because there's a good centimeter of clearance on the passenger's side. The car has been running perfectly straight on my stock wheels/winter tires (yeah yeah, shut up, it's only temporary), so I have no idea what's causing the fitment problem. Anybody have any ideas, other than getting an alignment? (Which, of course, might be kinda pointless right now anyway because I'm eventually going to be replacing a lot of bushings AND my rear axles.)

Wait, I wouldn't even be able to get an alignment with the adapters on, would I...

It would seem that your car has less negative camber on the driver's side. Is there any adjustment on the strut mount? Is the hub thickness any different on the driver's side? Stupid question, but are all the wheels the same offset and tires the same size (i.e. you have both the "fronts" mounted on the passenger side and both the "rears" mounted on the driver's side)?

Finally, it is definitely possible to get an alignment with the adapters (and wheels and tires) on.