Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I haven't taken any good pics of this car, but it's the only one I have left as of next week. 1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 "Cosworth"

Not pictured: Soon to be lemon-lawed 2008 Corvette "Monument to how worthless the UAW and GM are"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

StarMonkey posted:

Here's mine, 4 months old now :3:

Sprint blue | Cream leather = best combo!

This is a pure GT car. I love these, regardless of how much owning an Audi scares me. You even got the best color.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Goldberg posted:

The Altezza ('00) that got stolen and set on fire:

The current Altezza ('99),

Big wheels and shocks wound all the way down:

New wheels and higher ride height:

How it is now, even higher ride height and lovely photo:

drat I envy you. The only car I want more than the Cosworth is the BEAMS-equipped Altezza.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

poisoned pie posted:

Daily Driver:

96 318iS sedan
Green exterior, tan leather interior
TYTE lowenhart 18" wheels
2 x 10" Alpine subwoofers in home made box
1.8L M44 Engine, Auto, has trouble reversing
Dignity-delete option

I love how out of whack the camber is :xd:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Bud posted:

Could be the angle of the ground in relation to the photographer?

No?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

ab0z posted:

Define "gussied up".

Someone stuck some crap to it.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

mulligan posted:

Now transformed into a 2JZ-GTE angry machine, best time is 13.4 at 400mts, the 3S-GE is on storage while we figure out what to put the engine on, maybe a Charade?

I'd take it and put it in the 190 2.3-16 if the shipping wouldn't be a fortune, one rare high power 4 cylinder for another is ok, right guys? :v:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

tractorcrusher posted:

Went out a couple weekends ago and took some pics of mein slow.

Still no good pictures of the SC300, cause Wine Red is ugly. :(

The architecture fits the car well. Where is that?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

BillyBlitzkreig posted:

Its time for an All-American, Detroit iron circle jerk.

The black looks interesting against the ever-gray suicide inducing skies of that area, doesn't it? Kind of like the dead light coming from the spider in that Stephen King book. (can you tell I hated that place?)

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
That was my complaint about the R model volvos, the S60R I drove was fast but numbed out and didn't really feel like anything.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Fortress TB posted:

The "Ford mechanic" you are referring to has a lot of memorabilia in his work shop from pretty much everything. He builds custom hot rods and restores classic cars. I think the fact that there were two other corvettes in there at the same time should assuage any fears.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

I wonder if they're any better at working on them than GM mechanics :xd:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Unormal posted:

Here's mine; totally irrational, but love at first sight rarely is, I suppose.

'99 Ferrari Berlinetta F1

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Hah, I came so close to buying one of these when the economic panic really had its legs. $60K would have bought a decent example. I like it! How often do you drive it versus how often it blows up?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Left Ventricle posted:

3.1 V6 Hecho en Mexico

Wait, you're tuning one of these things? I want to see an after dyno, I didn't know such a thing was possible.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Replica Kill posted:

One of my employees wanted to fool around with his new camera. Here's another one of the ol' box...

Click here for the full 2048x1300 image.

Yeah, I'd like to know too, I think the M3 deserves a photo or two like this.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Mr.Peabody posted:

US Spec car in Germany. It's due to be exported next year.

EDIT: Note the euro spec version does not have the side marker light.

Did you import it? How much work was it? I need to bring my M3 over next year when I move to Munich.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Alright I guess I'm going to have to give in and go drive one of those things..

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Great looking car - ditch the front plate, it's ugly.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Ah Mexico Blue, I'll bet that would look good on an M3. Also Xeno does a good job of, entirely by example, explaining why I forewent an F355 for the less flashy but infinitely more reliable car.

In other news, San Francisco MUNI trains are constantly breaking down with electrical problems and sometimes catch fire. One can observe the Pininfarina badge on the inside of any of them :v:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

King-Kong posted:

2008 Audi TT 2.0T, FWD. Got her one week ago to replace my totaled 335i. Nothing helps you get over the old quite like the new!

Ouch, insurance didn't pay out very well on that 335 did they?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Not to make you feel bad or anything, but the TT is exclusive of the Castro here in San Francisco and executive assistants. One of my co-workers was driving his wife's TT (granted, it was the fast one) and was quick to explain that his car was being worked on. Hopefully that's not such a universal thing where you are, and I do know what you mean about how they are inside.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

kimbo305 posted:

It's always the stock tires that ship with the car, right? It makes sense to some degree, that if you make a performance car, you're picking a tire to go along with it, and the car can be reviewed as such.

This probably explains why Evos fare so well in tests :laugh:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

ssh posted:

Now imagine trying to dig the fucker out with two electrical-tape wrapped screwdrivers while cursi...ahaha who am I kidding people who own jags don't own screwdrivers; their manservant or gardner might.

Where do you live that a new Jaguar is an ultra high end rich man's car?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Terminally Pretty posted:

I'm not like my other girlfriends. I don't drive daddy's caddy or use my bf's G37.

I run germannnnsss.

2005 645ci / Sapphire Black / Black Novillo / Brushed Aluminum / HUD / Loaded

2011 M3 / Jet Black / Black / Carbon Fiber / DCT / ZDT / Loaded

the old black bird in his nest

lil' magpie first day home - I recently tinted him 20% all over like the 6, really suites him! next mod; VOLK rimmmmsss!

And yes that is my purse - I'ms a ladys. :dealwithit:

this filthy attraction started with my first BMW.. a 2004 325ci Space Grey coupe - he was awesome. I miss now I barely had to clean him and still he looked suave, this new jet black is terrible.. but personally this is the best colour on the E92 - the sapphire black is easy to deal with but if I had to repurchase I would of LOVED to have a Interlagos Blue or a Atlantis Blue on the M3 and Alpine White on the 6 ;-*

poo poo if you're gonna ditch those awesome Comp Pack wheels drop me a PM, I'll take em.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
meatpimp: has your dad been to the 'ring?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

meatpimp posted:

He's got an /////////MMMMMMM ring sticker on the car... of course he hasn't. I've tried my best to get him to remove it, but... :(

Edit: I knew someone was going to point that out, and I thought about a quick blur, but gently caress it, it's not MY car.

Not trying to hate on him or anything, I had one for a while then realized most people would assume I was a poseur even though I'd been and the sticker was bought there :smith:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Crowley posted:

Why yes it does.

Fisker Latigo CS

:gonk: the Hofmeister is the only thing that survived! It looks like a fish. A very sad, retarded looking fish with some Aston lines sort of thrown in.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Xeno posted:

Radio, and it was Lady Ga Ga according to the missus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crYDOdZ2LC4

What were you listening to when you were doing.. uh.. whatever this is? http://www.youtube.com/user/XenoMR2#p/u/3/WfAKDjQfUH4

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Are those using a DSG style trans finally? I remember their earlier e-gear setup on the Murcielagos burning up pretty fast. In fact I remember having to push one onto a flatbed :\

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

VikingSkull posted:

This is loving awesome. The scary thing is, I don't think you're even close to being the first person here to crack 200mph. Not many forums can say that.

At least not with any honesty/way to back it up. It's not called insanity for nothing.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Rib Feast posted:

Just got a 2007 black edition RS4 :rice:

I've been wanting to drive one of these for quite a while. You should look up the carbon fouling problems these have and get it checked out if it's still under warranty.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Imperador do Brasil posted:

A 160 MPH speedo on a 500+ HP car? Seriously? I find this especially surprising given those "I took my Mustang to Germany because America has speed limits" commercials. With the right gearing that thing should be able to crack 200 with enough road.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Imperador do Brasil posted:

It's not so much about the gearing because at 75mph it's only turning 1700RPM, but it's electronically limited to 155mph. Luckily, there are very cheap handheld tuners that will remove the limiter. Unluckily, there's nowhere to do 155+mph in the US other than a racetrack anyway...Still, I see your point.

That's not entirely true :v:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

mrk posted:

Well, this is my motoring vehicle of much luls at times of slippey wet weather :p

It's a 2003 318Ci Sport, 2litre 143BHP engine but it feels like more the way the power is put down in 1st, 2nd and 3rd all the way to 6500RPM!

Just today had coilpack and spark plugs replaced due to misfiring on cylinder 4 due to a duffed coil.

I want to upgrade it but I look at it and see it does me fine really and with the growing costs of being a road user this is doing me quite fine and if I did upgrade it would have to be another BMW as anything else feels wrong behind the driver's seat.

Those E46s are still my favorite BMW styling.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I've found 26 ///M logos so far on various parts of the car, they even stamp it into the hood on the E92s in a couple locations.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

Haha, I have the exact same TV but they told me you're not supposed to lay a plasma down flat :ohdear:

Super nice truck though. I would love a 'Burban or Blazer of that vintage since you don't see them all that often. For now I'm going to drive mine how it looks since the patina is so nice and its genuine. I plan to paint the name of my business on the side and fade it like it had been there as long as the truck. I have a Locke reel mower from the 50s that will go in the back whenever anyone wants a mow with that mower. Fun and free advertising. I'll probably start another thread for it in the spring when I start working on it again and get it on the road.

e: fixed youre so sigtrap doesnt make fun of me.

Hah I have the same one as well. Got it shipped out of NJ (of all places) for the best price I could find. I could barely move the thing, I can't imagine trying to load it into a truck and hauling that thing home.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

kris_b posted:

To stay on topic, I think I've posted this before, but here we go:

96 Maxima, just rolled over 250,000km. Only things wrong are the drivers seat collapsed under my fat rear end ($NZ$70 for a perfect condition replacement from the wreckers), it needs a knock sensor (*effort*), and the blower motor just poo poo itself.

When I see people posting cars like this, it's like seeing someone post an e-machines from 1998 in SHSC.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

eeenmachine posted:

What if Apple paid you the money you bought your car with?

Around here (silicon valley) we assume you're either gay, a hipster, both, or an up-and-coming yuppie. I realize not everyone there is one of those things but going to your campus seriously reinforces those stereotypes. Also I didn't get the impression they paid you guys all that well - stock options?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

eeenmachine posted:

I'm an iOS developer who works for myself.

Have you been to the Tesla HQ on Deer Creek in Palo Alto? I stopped in yesterday to check it out on my way home.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I always liked the look of those. That's uh.. quite the shifter you have there though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Shaocaholica posted:

Thanks. The mug flaps are all the rage with kids these days.

I went to a Lancer(not EVO) meet in So Cal last week. I was older than most of the members by almost a decade and I'm only 28 :( Seems like people in my age group are typically buying EVOs while those with much less income are buying the GTS. Funny thing is I -think- my annual income is more than most EVO owners.

How dare you. At least 50% of your income should be going to your car (I don't do this either)

When I went to the only Corvette club meeting I ever went to my wife and I were the youngest people there by about 20 years.