Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

Yes, the Brembo pack is worth it since you'll be tracking it. In the US they're known as PP (Performance Package) Brembos.

If you don't want to buy the whole-rear end Clubsport car you can more or less do what I did when I dropped from Stoptech 355 / 345 BBKs to the factory Brembo kit.

08-17 STI rear caliper is the same exact thing as the PP rear Brembo and bolts right on with zero changes/adapters/etc, this opens up stupid cheap used or reman'd calipers since everyone thinks the PP ones are worth their weight in gold. You can use a Centric PP rear rotor for cheap.

The STI front caliper bolts right on, but the piston sizes are wrong so you really have to buy a new or used set of PP front Brembos. Front bridge piece that some people call a bracket (it isn't a bracket) that comes on the PP isn't needed and can be omitted while using the shorter STI front bolts. Centric PP front rotor bolts right on.

I did my entire PP setup for sub-$2k USD with pads.

Can I get by with track pads (EBC Blue, for example) on the non-PP brakes for the occasional track day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

Most people will say avoid EBC pads

My Greens are working fine for commuting. :confused:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

One of us.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

How is the McIntosh stereo?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

You ever considered rear louvers for that thing? I saw a set that fills in the targa shelf.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

I just got back from the weekend just east of Denver at High Plains Raceway. Only thing I can think now is why tf do I live in Arizona. Also, that tow was soul crushing.

Do the hood vents get hosed up in the rain?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

I haven't had any issues with this car yet, but the one time I washed my old Miata some water got down in the plug well and fouled the coil pack somehow. Prolly a thing if it rains frequently, to be fair.

Sounds good. I have a slight hood lift on my daily first gen and I’ve been looking at the Verus kit.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Same. In Chicagoland, I hate the in-between parts of the seasons where it’ll be 70F one day and 35F the next day. I do have a set of snow tires for the winter months.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Love my Pilot Sport A/S 4s.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My Eagle Scout license plates have gotten me out of so much trouble.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Sab669 posted:

I've got to get my inspection done here in NY, hoping my mechanic doesn't give me a hard time over my window tint. NY has a really dumb law where SUVs and trucks -- yknow, the most popular vehicles -- can have any tint they want on both the front and rear side windows, but anything smaller isn't supposed to block more than like 30% of light in the front sides? 30% Blockage is like "why even bother tinting it at all" levels.

I disagree. I have 35% tint all around on my car and I find the light blockage adequate—it’s like sunglasses level. Lots of folks around here will go down to 20% or even limo tint, though, but I don’t want to be hassled by the cops.

Minimum front side tint for trucks and SUVs in Illinois is 50%, but you can go as dark as you want on the other windows. Windshield banners are fine on everything as long as they’re no more than 6” or above the AS1 line.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Raluek posted:

it sounds like you're saying 35% allowed, where he is saying 30% blocked (70% allowed)

That’s entirely possible.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I once saw a Smart fourtwo with the vanity plate, NOTLAME. Buddy, you were lying to yourself.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I love those summer wheels.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Well I did a thing, at that thing got delivered an hour ago:

2023 Guilia Quadrifoglio in Verde Montreal, with 3500 miles on it

Green gang.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

XRs look so nice.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

WeatherTech uber alles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

kill me now posted:

because they are super chuds?

I was making a joke about how I like their interior products the best. If someone wants to get angry at a car related company for being overtly conservative, Lucas is right there.