Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

1994 325i

I should take some more pictures at some point. After three and a half years I think this Blackberry picture is the best one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Flyboy925 posted:

I will take it anywhere, anytime.

Except maybe into your tiny garage.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

maxe posted:

ugh

Is it beached here?

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Rogun posted:

Pics kinda lame. Still has the big stupid sticker on the windshield the dealer put on. But whatever, heres my ride at Buttonwillow in CA.

I know its trying to be mid engine super car like, but the front of the car always looks out of proportion. Too small given the size of its mid and rear section. The Gallardo has a similar small front end, but its transition to the front is a little more organic. But I'm nitpicking of course, because it is still more striking than most everything else on the road.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

M5, I presume?

Definitely not an M5, looks like a 528i. Crazy thing about the 528i is that it actually weighs LESS than the 335i sedan by about 100lbs.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Bought this tonight. I went to buy toilet paper and came back 20mi later:

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

edit: wrong thread

ynotony fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 2, 2010

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

dryicerx posted:

Video was all with a Canon 7D with a suction cup mount outside.

What suction cup mount were you using?

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Das Volk posted:

Those E46s are still my favorite BMW styling.

I know I'm probably going to eat these words, but I still don't think the e46 and e39 look dated, and think they've got another couple years at least. Especially the face lifted ones. Even more so for the M-tech ones.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Crustashio posted:

Went over to check on the battery. Summer needs to get here, stat.

Come to Venice, where it is summer year round (but they make you put an ugly license place on your bumper).

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

That is beautiful.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

The strangest blindspot to me is front right. If I am at a stop sign for instance, if there is a car waiting at the stop sign to my right, I cannot see it because it is blocked by my rearview mirror. If a car approaches at the same time as me I'll never see it. Another is front left, where left turns are blocked by the left A pillar.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

omgitstheinternet posted:

2010 BMW 135i
6 Speed manual
Sport Package
BMS DCI
Eibach springs
BMS JB4 (sitting in a drawer somewhere since I've been too much of a pussy to actually install it)

This is a nice angle for the 1-series because it elongates the roofline compared to a direct profile.

I'm in the market to replace my BMW and am so torn between a used 135i and 335i.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

salt the fries! posted:

How about the FR-S/BRZ?

Not sure why anyone would buy an automatic, but people do!

I didn't realize these cars even came in automatic.

I just retroactively lost respect for every BRZ/FR-S driver I've ever encountered where I simply assumed it was a manual. Even after taking a peek inside.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Out with the old: (2003 330i ZHP):

5 years later, same spot in Malibu, same time of year... in with the new: (2007 Carrera S)

I'm sad to see the 330i go, it was a fantastic everyday car that has been really reliable and pretty cheap to run. It took about a year to figure out a car worthy of replacing it, but once I drove a 911 it was game over. I considered 135i, 335i, e46/e90 M3, M-Coupes, m235i, but nothing really got me excited about getting a new car as much as the 997. Once I drove one it was surprising how easy the decision became.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

A little counter intuitive, but oil changes in my new car are incredibly easy.

My old 3 series required 20 minutes with multiple jacks and stands before I could even get started.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Powershift posted:

Shoulda found yourself a set of stairs.

That's the most legitimate use case for a back up camera I've ever seen. Dumb children being a close second.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Randuin posted:

Went for a drive up Angeles Crest on what I'm told is fresh tarmac, great drive.

Are you up there often? If so is there a section of road or time you prefer?

I've tried going early on a weekend, but inevitably get stuck behind cars driving super slow because they're looking for a trailhead. Big Tujunga seems to have far less traffic from my limited experience.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Randuin posted:

My coupe is a trunk and not a hatch that opens wide :(

I have a friend with the 4 series Gran Coupe and I'm jealous of the powered hatch every time.

I don't think they offer the Gran Coupe as an M4 though?

Not only is there no M4 Gran Coupe, there is no manual transmission option.

An M2 or even M235i Gran Coupe would be my ideal car - basically the 4 door e46 M3 that never existed.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Skipped work today, took the wife for a drive instead.

Is this decker? I love that you can see the ribbon of road ahead. I keep meaning to try decker out, paired with lunch at Neptune's Net.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yep - that's exactly what we did. Great day out. One of my favorite roads, it's all 2nd and 3rd gear twists and acceleration/engine braking until suddenly midway through the scenery turns incredible and you have to slow down and observe a bit -- and when the weather cooperates it can really be amazing when you break over the final valley and suddenly there's the Pacific and the sky is that great deep blue you usually only get in January/February after the rains.

I feel like as homage to the late great Paul Walker, it's required to say, out loud, "MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD, PAL" as I leave Decker onto the PCH for the last 2 miles or so to the 'Net.

Alright I know what I'm doing before work someday next week.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Dannywilson posted:

If I was dealing with iffy front plates somewhere, I'd probably look into something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v34ziGr9XQ0

If I had an expensive car I'd just pay the front plate tickets. Plus that thing will be destroyed when you encounter your first driveway.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Did my wheels in black with Plastidip over the weekend, wasn't sure how much I'd like it, turns out a lot.

But my car looks way too cute and cuddly from the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

blk posted:

How do you like yours? Which spec is it? I'd really like a 997 for my next car.

It's a 997.1 C2S, I love it for pretty much every cliche 911 reason. It's just a small, focused sports car. The rear engine provides insane grip and strangely effective pendulum handling which is exciting and rewarding to drive. The controls are also dialed in perfectly -- good clutch weight, shift effort, and steering feel. The screaming induction and exhaust all behind you is not bad either. I came from a decade of BMWs, but once I drove my first 911 it was all over.