Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The PO really liked red huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Way to go dude that's a great looking truck.

Look under the front of the engine. Does it have one of these bars just below the crank? https://anythingscout.com/products/2991-straight-steer-brace-scout-ii

If not, PM me your address and I'll ship you one, I've got a spare.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Nice ride dude, I'm surprised that thing is so cheap considering the market right now.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Flew to Pittsburgh early this morning to pick this beauty up. 2018 Jag XF S Sportbrake. AWD Supercharged 3L V6. Road tripping it back to Austin over the weekend, this thing eats miles. I was worried about it being hungry, but the 300ish miles I did today I averaged 30mpg. Almost as good at the GTI it's replacing.

Super comfortable, very quiet, seats fit my fat rear end, yeah I love this car. I didn't feel tired climbing out of it this evening. Suspension is surprisingly comfortable, and I was able to wring it up on a desolate stretch of highway and hear the whine. Honestly only downside is the awful exhaust it's got on it hiding the whine at low speeds. I'll need to switch it out at some point.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah they only imported it to the US from 18-20. I haven't seen anything on the market except 18s, and even the ones I saw were all black "First Edition" ones. It's a looker, I was getting waves and :staredog: on the highway today.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It's the same Aluminum V6 that's in the F-Type, XJ and XE. Seems to be a derivative of the Ford AJ-V8 that Jag has been using since 2000.

It's slightly smaller the E class wagon, but the same interior space. It's also cheaper..

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 24, 2021

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I found this very apt meme

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Eric Cantonese posted:

How have you found the infotainment? That's been a big complaint I've seen for recent Jags, although it was supposedly worse pre-2016. Even the most sympathetic British journalists seem to take issue with how JLR implements it.

Didn't like it. The upgraded technologies pack has an update to get carplay/Android auto but I don't have that, so I had this OVERNIGHTED FROM JAPAN England to get wireless Carplay/Android Auto. Came in today, I'll report back once it's installed.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

Also, thank you guys for the tips on the drive. I'll find an audio book; I've never been able to get them since I process so much better reading but I'm giving it another chance.

I was always this way until I realized Audible and etc audiobook apps have an option to play at 1.25% speed. It's still not as fast or as comprehensive as reading, but I did the Dune audiobook back from Pittsburgh a couple of weekends ago and I'm pretty sure my normal podcasts would have made me drive the wrong way through traffic with anger or something.

Yeah TrashFuture is not a good road trips podcast is what I'm saying.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yay wagons! Nice ride dude, that was going to be my backup if I couldn't find a Jagon. How's the FWD feel?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Is this just an Arizona thing? Can I do 105 in Texas now?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Powershift posted:

We got some snow too, and it looks like it specifically avoided my car.

good snow!

Knowing it was you, I thought this was photoshopped.

drat fine looking ride there.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Same. I told them not to drill for the front plates in my GTI, I was going to get a tow hook mount. They did it anyways and when I complained they said they wouldn't replace the bumper with their lovely drill holes in it.

Dealerships suck.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

NomNomNom posted:

I bought a truck today and I am over the moon. It's so clean! (the seller called it the Xmas truck)

2000 Ford Ranger, 3.0 V6 manual.

This truck is awesome, but it looks really low in the back? New springs needed?

Still, looks clean as hell.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Old enough to import them at least: https://www.ebay.com/itm/x/334690439883

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Those wheels :discourse:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

Do they still make a 9 seater Suburban? That’s what I’d get for ultimate people moving short of a 15 passenger van. Bench seat supremacy.

Yes they do but only in poverty spec

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

85 Ford Ranger - Blue
94 Ford Ranger - Blue
08 Acura TL type s - Green
08 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Green (wife's car)
09 Nissan Pathfinder - White
13 Acura TSX - Black
16 VW GTI - Grey
18 Jag XF Wagon - Blue
20 Jeep Compass - Silver (Wife's car, only new car on this list)
22 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Silver (Wife's car but Imma count it)

Huh only one black car that I can remember.

Edit: poo poo I forgot the trucks goddamnit
1954 International R100 - Red
1955 International R110 - Green (I think, it was rust when I got it)
1976 International Scout II Traveler - originally Beige, now turquoise

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I did a thing

1956 Plymouth Belvedere i got from a friend. It wouldn’t start so he sold it to me for a steal so he could get a restored Corvair from a mutual friend.

He put a motorhome 440 and a torqueflite 3 speed in. The POx2 did a half cage and strengthened the frame I pulled apart the carb after getting it to the farm and it looks like some bad gas gunked it up.

Should be fun.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 27, 2024