Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

This fuckin thing:

Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2696808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Godholio posted:

A lot of people try to pull this kind of photography off but fail miserably.

You nailed it.

Too bad the guy couldn't read the rules.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Doctor Bud posted:

e: In no way is it a sensible truck to own. It is pretty AI.

Heh, yeah, it's p. AI if you ask me

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Jefinabox posted:

my 1502

I just need to fork out for someone to fix the electrics and she's good to go!

1502s look so cool with the blacked out window moulding chrome :)

[edit] that focus is godawful.

fishmech_1.1_RC fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 19, 2008

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Finally got around to washing my car, so what better time to snap a couple of photos.

2002 Focus, 1.8l engine, nothing much modified as of yet aside from the wheels and various cosmetic bits but I have got some plans for her.

And bonus interior shot:

Needs more sparco.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Now with more bumper:

I need to adjust the hood latch and get the rest of the bumper hardware on it but I think it looks better like this than bumperless :shobon:

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Ravens_Edge posted:

wow that looks really sharp

pr0zac posted:

If you post a larger version of that picture your car will become my background. I'm a sucker for 2002s.

Here's 3008x2000 if that's big enough for you :)
http://www.spaghettiblender.com/sa/IMGP3508big.JPG

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

D C posted:

Also I see the rear hatch was the inspiration for the C30.
Ooh, no. Take a look at a P1800ES some time :)

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

StevoMcQueen posted:

rhd pontiac

That's pretty cool, any idea on who did the conversion? I'd imagine it wasn't a factory thing.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Crosspost from the CA "Post your cycle" thread. Thumbnailed for table-breakage.

Loud colors save lives?

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

StevoDaDevo posted:

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD with diesel power!!

bro why do you have a sign saying "PREV" in your window, bro?

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

dreesemonkey posted:

Sick JDM euro tuning, breh.

Sorry, just can't help myself when I see "Yakima".

Yakima isn't Japanese but American, breh, nice attempt at trolling though

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Ormy posted:

Here's what I've been driving for a while.

Click here for the full 1024x680 image.

Yesss I love Capris :)

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Professor Bling posted:

I am incredibly angry at Ford NA for turning our Capri into a Fox-body shitpile, meaning we never got that beauty (Only the Mk.I and Mk.II, and those are unbelieveably hard to find now).

Why was the Fox-body Capri bad? It looked way more aggressive than the Mustang, and it had that cool Roush homologation bubble rear glass for Trans-Am. :)

You should be mad at Ford NA for bringing that stupid Australian Capri here.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Bahamutsrage posted:

hahah but the weird (to me) thing is I already got some poo poo and hate for buying it from different owners (mostly 350Z guys) saying it's a stupid car, weak, etc.

Make sure to point out that the 350Z roadster is one of the ugliest cars on the road. :) Nice Z4, I've always thought that the tail lights were kind of a throwback to roundie 2002s!

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

MacGregor posted:

I now have the 04 GTO, a 1975 Yamaha xs650b, and a 07 Ducati Sport classic 1000 mono edition #31/100. now i just need to buy a house with a garage.

That Ducati looks gorgeous, got any better photos of it?

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

The Third Man posted:

Art is subjective, but talk to any photographer, or probably any artist worth their salt, and they will tell you that that is not good photography. It might be subjective, but there is still such a thing as objectively good and bad art (I guess that is technically my opinion, but your really splitting hairs if you want to get into that).

Considering the first thing that I noticed is that the car isn't even lit correctly (light source is behind it) and that any light on the facing side of it is probably purely coincidental, I'd agree that yes, that picture is terrible. HDR has its uses but throwing a RAW file into Photomatix and cranking all the sliders over creates some very ugly pictures.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

What's with the german plate, german car, german tuner, but english speedometer gauge face?

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

KKKLIP ART posted:

I think that would be my perfect cat.

That's a dog !

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Pipkin posted:

Found some pictures of my GTI I took over the summer. Ill take some better ones soon now that I figured out how to use my camera.

Wait, a Mk3 with missing foglights and rubstrips?! :haw:

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

nerdrum posted:

Whenever you're ready to bite the bullet on a new pulley or injectors or a k pro lemme know. I've been a vendor with ct and hondata for a while.

JOIN ME IN THE 300HP REALM

Wow, that looks like it was drawn with a ruler.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

I HATE CARS posted:

Looks like they could be BBS reverse mesh.

Yup, they're BBS RAs, they came on Mk2 Jetta GLIs. Usually 15x6 ET33

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

MikeyTsi posted:

<sigh> I'll never understand why Ford won't sell the cool cars here.

It's a Protege5 but I still wonder why Ford let Mazda use it in the US and not themselves.

I mean I understand that it's much more of a Mazda than a Ford but you could still wonder why the new Focus platform is sold here as a Mazda (which already has pretty good perceived quality) rather than a Ford (which could benefit way more from that perception).

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

A5H posted:

Are people angry because vwvortex LIKE the wheels?? Hahaha.
Most of the dub scene hates them because 'too many people bought them' so who gives a poo poo. It's not a scene approved mod anymore.

I think people hate them because they are way too loving big

The wheel design is nice but much better suited in a 17" or 18" size where there's some actual sidewall

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

goatse guy posted:

1994 Honda Civic DX:

It's in decent shape for a Minnesota car, aside from a cracked headlight, blown speakers and a little bit of questionable body work.

1995 Mazda Miata with popular options package:

I like taking pictures of my Miata parked next to oversized objects.

I also have a 1990 Jetta but I hate it so much that even thinking about it causes my blood to boil with rage.

"HAAAAAY"? :v:

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

I HATE CARS posted:

It's nice though, I haven't seen the car in a while, it's in storage while I gather parts to fix it up.

Like a grille badge maybe? :haw:

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Single rounds and a badged grille, I like your style :)

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Rhyno posted:

As much as I love it I'm sort of bugged by the huge "LIGHTNING" graphics. Would it be the end of the world if I removed them?

My grandfather had a red one and he never put the decals on, I think it looks better that way. Don't the seats have it stitched into them anyway?

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Lightbulb Out posted:

That sounds so familiar..

Would you just look at this garbage??

e: Ok that was rude. Here it is at last weekend's SoCal Vintage BMW show:

e2: :o

fishmech_1.1_RC fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 25, 2013

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

Thanks for that link. After reading it, based on price of parts alone it seems to make sense if you're starting from a stock engine. I'm lucky in that mine already has tuned DCOE 45s so I'll stay with those since they make wonderful noises. :) I definitely have some room for increasing the performance in other areas.

Another 02 owner, yay! I'm pretty sure I've got the same front strut bar.

Another early model Granada Red?!?! What year is yours? Mine is a 68.

I don't have archives, so I can't see your thread, how much is there? Do you discuss the fender flare installation?

It's a '69, most of my content posts in the thread I've put here: http://www.spaghettiblender.com/blog/ (do people even still use the word blog??) You can email me at spam@spaghettiblender.com and I'll send you my real email address if you want to ask me any questions. I'm considering putting a new thread together of what I've done in the past ... 3 years ... but for now you can do that if you'd like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

some BMWs~

'69 2002 (first car and perpetual project)

'05 330i ZHP (daily)

'97 M3 (track car and general shitbox)

hi AI