Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Technically not my ride yet, as it's currently in a container ship that left Japan 12 days ago and will arrive in the UK around mid-January. But since I've paid for it that does mean it belongs to me.

1993 Nissan Cefiro SE-4 (E-LNA31 for the JDM doriftu crowd) This is the AWD version with the same ATESSA-ETS system as the Skyline GTS-4 and GT-R, which is to say it's 100% RWD until you gently caress up and then it moves some power to the front wheels, it also has the RB20DET engine same as the Skyline GTS-4, it's relatively easy to swap in an RB25DET and with some work the GT-R's RB26DETT will go in.

There's very few Cefiros in the UK, they are mainly brought over by drifters as the RWD versions are cheap and good for drifting due to their weight balance, the problem with buying a used one from Japan is the RWD versions are also used as cheap drift cars by the Japanese too, my one as well as being AWD is also an automatic so is unlikely to have been drifted. It also only has 28,000 kms on the clock (18,000 miles). At the time of buying there were only two other SE-4s for sale in Japan and there's a good chance I'll have the only SE-4 in the UK.

It shares a lot of parts with the S13 180SX (240SX to you Americans) and the Skyline, most of the parts from these cars are interchangeable and also interchangeable with newer Nissans, when it arrives it's going to get 300ZX Z32 brakes pretty much straight away as the S13 brakes it comes with are pathetic. I'm probably going to get a custom exhaust put on it, with instructions given to keep the twin peashooter look and to try and keep the noise down as I don't want it to sound like a Civic with a fart cannon

I'm going to leave the bodywork well alone except see if that Nissan badge is removable just leaving the Cefiro text, Cefiro badge and SE-4 badge on the back, this is mainly for the WTF factor as it wont say Nissan anywhere on the car. It's going to make a nice sleeper I think. Future plans are to find the engine and drivetrain from a C34 Nissan Stagea RS-Four, which is to say an RB25DET and a stronger automatic gearbox (unless it turns out that the Cefiro and Stagea share the same gearbox in which case just an RB25DET will do). Of course by the time I do this my job may well have changed and I can go back to a manual again since I wont be driving stupid miles.

In the meantime, this is my current ride:

It's a 1991 Volvo 940 GL that I picked up for £275 (about $350) that price is basically the car's value as scrap metal plus the money you'd get from cashing in the 6 months road tax that was still on the car. It also has an MOT (UK safety inspection) that lasts until March which is fine as I'll have my Cefiro by then. It probably wont pass it's next MOT.

There's not much to say about this car, it's not very comfortable, the suspension is terrible, the handling is terrible (mainly because the previous owner put lovely tyres on it I suspect) and for some reason I can't get the glovebox to open, (yes I've unlocked it). However it was cheap and it will keep on running despite the fact that the PO crossthreaded a spark plug and now it wont go in all the way and the oil separator is completely clogged. It's also losing antifreeze somewhere, but I've had the coolant system pressure tested and it's not leaking even though I've seen it pissing water after a high speed motorway run.

Ultimately I don't care, once I have the Cefiro I'll either scrap the Volvo or sell it cheap. If it snows in January I might find a local car park and take it drifting since it's RWD and I don't care if I crash it into a lamppost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU