Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
1997 Honda Accord. 2.2L 4 cylinder, auto.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w24/sa_bones/Cars/Honda.jpg
Right now since I am in school the only plans I have for her is to install HID lights, change the wheels for nicer ones, and get the interior detailed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

GET EM SLUGGER posted:

:can:

Tell me about it. I purchased some at the LA Auto show, and I can't get them installed, the company won't return any of my calls or emails. Seems I am out $125.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
If I ever purchase a Mustang, Grabber Blue or Grabber Orange are the only two colors that I like.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

DropShadow posted:

Either that or the B8 S4 Avant for me. Thanks BMW & Audi for bringing neither one to the US, assholes!

Take this with a grain of salt, but I hope it is true.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/17/legalize-it-horchaus-federalizing-non-u-s-audis-for-na/

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Crayvex posted:

I've owned it for over a year and I still absolutely love it.

Auto or manual? I am asking because whenever i see someone with a sports car and a kid it's an auto.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

10000lbsofbananas posted:

Finally had time to take some photos. Washed it and everything too. On the way to the empty lot, some seagull poo poo right above the rear window and I had nothing to wipe it off with. As a result I did not take any rear photos.

]

Gonna redo them someday somewhere else.

Geeze how do you get over speedbumps?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Take a picture with it next to something so I can see how big it is.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
It's 911 or nothing.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

plecostomus posted:

It's only poor assholes who ever buy into the whole "poor man's Porsche" bullshit. Like some negative reverse snobbery or something. You know the type, they will bitch about mid range BMWs not being "M" cars, Range Sports not being "real Range Rovers", and invariably drive some French shitbox (or a Passat)

Would you say the same thing about a Boxter?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

eeenmachine posted:

New wheels! Waaaay lighter than the stock wheels I had.

Awesome! This is an Evora right? Is this your daily driver? How practical is it vs a regular car? Is the engine supercharged?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
They all look alike.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
When people have their cars hellaflush, how do they deal with bumps in the road?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Flu Roo posted:

Bought a couple days ago, madly in love: 2010 Subaru STI hatchback.

What is your MPG highway?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

'08 BMW 118d M-sport. :tinfoil:

Europe only? For shame.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
How about you guys put what make and model of car you have so those of us who don't have detective skills can figure poo poo out.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Super Aggro Crag posted:

What the hell is the giant circular thing in the center dash?

The absolute worst place for a speedo.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Das Volk posted:

What car is this? I only know of 2 that have G Meters (Skyline/GT-R and Chevy Corvette).

Gwaihir posted:

The clown shoe coupe!

content: My boss, next to my buddy at work's '09 GT500

More pictures of da Boss please! I think the best Boss color is white, the rest look too loud and gaudy, especially the Laguna Seca. I would get the wheels if I could though.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Method Loser posted:

hokey well it's upgrade time for my Z.

this is my car:

It's time for it to make more power. It's making about 390whp or so currently, which I find isn't enough. I'm looking to add more power, and I'm torn. I really want 600whp or so, but I feel that may destroy how fun the car is to drive, and make it less fun-fast and more frightening-fast. Also the required turbos to do such a thing may spool later than I want, whereas if I aim lower, I can use something somewhat smaller. What do other people think? Should I aim lower? 500 or 550 to the wheels? What would YOU do?

Nice. This is one car next to the NSX I have always liked. One day when I get the money I will own one. Timeless looks.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

BrokenKnucklez posted:

It may be because I am BMW fan... But the E90's and E60's have about the best looking interiors of any recent car. And the carbon fiber is a really nice touch... I may have to do that in my car. The next best looking has to be the E39.

I a a fan also but I think the interiors are downright bring. I like Audi interiors the best.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

BiRD BoY posted:

Here are two of my rides!

And more of the more expensive, yet, less used ride.

How do you like this car? I am evaluating one for my next car for school. I think I can get a good deal on one because there are not a lot on the road.

Also GramCracker is that an Abarth? I can't tell.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Also you shouldn't be able to see your car in your side mirrors.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Mikaelomo posted:

A lot of em apparently had some sort of fuel pump issue that would kill the engine if travelling high speeds with a quarter tank of gas or less. Mine included. I have fond memories of the engine killing and having to put in neutral while rolling and turn the engine back over.

My car won't start on a downhill if I have a quarter of a tank or less. Certain days I can't park on my side of the street so I park across the main part of my street.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Yuns posted:

Apparently it is. This is the red interior of my former steel gray E46 M3, which I sold to another goon a few years ago. I replaced the M3 with my Evo X.

That's hot. I never really liked red interiors in cars but they are growing on me.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

This happened to me. I was found at fault.

Basically, she was speeding, cuts into the double/solid line meant for making immediate turns while stopped traffic waves me through a gap. I see her flying up far too late, jam on the brakes so pretty much only the front right corner of my bumper is in that lane, and she cuts over into me enough to drag the right corner of my bumper the whole way down her car from front bumper to rear bumper. She tries to run and I chase her down, then call the cops because I mean poo poo, she crossed the DY, not my fault, right? Nope, cops found me at fault for failure to yield.

I got the ticket, my insurance placed 50/50 blame on her and I don't know what happened after that. I fixed my car for the price of a used corner light and a bumper rub strip. From the damage to her car, there is no way it wasn't totalled.

It was then my dad told me that should an accident happen again, regardless of fault, and the other person makes any hint of running to let them go and just claim the hit and run. :v: Far less messy.
You are the blue car? You can't make a left there can you?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Raikyn posted:

I've a couple of beat-up old cars.
First a 1989 300zx, daily driver.
Second a pug that has been sitting in the garage for a couple of years.

Is the 2nd car a VW Golf?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Because body panels don't fit perfectly on mass produced vehicles? I have yet to own a car in 15 years of driving that didn't have hood adjustment stoppers/grommets and that includes vehicles with superior German adhesives.

You have to admit that's kind of weird. "Well we don't think our car parts will line up exactly so here are nubs so you can adjust the body panels so that they fit exactly how you want."

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

I bought a 1998 Chevy Corvette last year.

Why only a 4 speed? Unless the gears are really long.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
What's so great about G-forces?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

NovaLion posted:

I didn't realize this was a thread, there are some beautiful whips in here.

Still trying to figure out what car this is.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

I had to google that... then I saw this. :lol: So terrible but so awesome.

Still better than that puke green that was offered on e46 M3's.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

veedubfreak posted:

I'll never understand why people drop full coverage on cars. I just got my insurance reup a few days ago and the expensive part of the policy is the liability part. Adding in the rest only costs about 200 bucks every 6 months. Unless of course you drive a 500 dollar beater then full coverage is kind of silly.
If you don't have $500 to buy another car than it's kinda worth it.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

jink posted:

I have similar issues with my 335is and the M-Sport front bumper. The first week I had the car I was pulling into a parking lot and thought I was pretty far back. *scraaaaaaape* The bumper caught on the bolts holding down the concrete curb stop. I then came to the realization that it wouldn't be the last battle scar.

Parking lots with exits that slope down into a gutter are the worst. Slow diagonal driving is required to avoid bumper death. It feels like doing a slow, awkward squat.

I originally wanted a front splitter but now I can't fathom dealing with a bumper that is lower.

[EDIT]: Figured I could post a picture of my ride. Here it is after some autocrossing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_97dSZb3n_E

Is that the stock exhaust? That sounds beautiful.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Fuelslt1 posted:

I plastidipped my WRX today.

Before

During

After (Still need to do some touch up work)

Yu didn't use rattle cans, did you?
I am now a fan of Plastidip. My Accord needs new paint but it will be way cheaper to do it myself.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Comrade Flynn posted:

I bought A Thing:

Did you post this on Reddit?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

tobu posted:

I don't get it either. In my younger days I slammed some 18's on my car with some rubber bands for wheels. Nice rubber bands too - RE001's with nice thick sidewalls. A week later a cyclone blew through and hosed up our roads with pot holes which in turn hosed up my new rims. Oh and train tracks here routinely exist in 80km areas and easily stick up a few cm. They gently caress poo poo too.

I'm now using the stock rims and I love it. That said, When the AC gave up recently I made the mental leap to start calling it a beater so I don't feel bad about driving it into the ground.

Also, the bigger wheels and stock ride height made it look a little too raised:

What kind of car is this? I wanna say Skyline. Love it.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
2001 Honda Civic, 150K miles. $0.

Really great week. Someone also gave me a Samsung Galaxy S5 with 3 batteries.

I plan to keep this for a bit then sell it and get a Honda Element.

b0nes fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 17, 2015

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Someone gave me a free car.

2001 Honda Civic 115K miles. it's a slushbox but way faster than my Accord and better on gas.
And everything works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

shodanjr_gr posted:

Got her washed:

Stingray in white is the best color.