Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

CamH posted:

Behind it is an '89 BMW 530si that a buddy and I are slapping together for a $1000 autocross competition next season.

The E28 chassis (which I see pictured under the cover) ended in 1988 with the '88 model year, unless I am mistaken. Additionally, for that era, it would be an iS as the Si convention didn't come about really until the z4. I'm curious though, 530, are you using the 3.0 v8 from an e34? Or an S50?

jambo posted:

This is simply a stunning photograph! I am absolutely in love. Is there any chance you could email me a high res? I mean, high res?!

I presently drive a 2004 Volvo S60R. It is completely stock and when I was learning how to dyno, I discovered it puts down 251awhp and 261awtq. It is quite camera shy at the moment as it is covered in the dirty remnants from the freezing weather/snow. I do have photos (and a terrible attempt at promoting my lovely photography) of my old E28 at: https://www.masonolennick.com which won't work in Firefox 3 because of stupid coding issues.

thealphabetsez fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 17, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004
Here is a photo of my S60R, as a follow up from my previous post in this thread, as well as a shot of the wonderfully cold morning on my way to finals:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

e34m20 posted:

2005 C230K
replacement for my 1985 190E 2.3

I hate to be a dick, but ouch. Definitely a lesser replacement. After much reading, I cannot find one redeeming thing about the power plant in that car.

thealphabetsez fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 1, 2009

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

BusinessWallet posted:

What the hell man?

That's a 24 year old car compared to a 4 year old car, he probably just wanted something more reliable?

I don't want to derail, however he went the wrong way -- the 2.3 kompressor is a terrible, terrible engine. It was an unfortunate component in an otherwise lovely exterior.

EDIT: I think it is a lovely car on the outside, I lusted after them for a period of time between 05-07 and did my reading. It was just part of the dark era for Mercedes. No harsh feelings meant nor am I trying to attack.

thealphabetsez fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 2, 2009

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004
Here are some (iPhone) pictures of my car during the snow storm we encountered this past winter break:

S60R 6-speed

LOL :syf0n

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Das Volk posted:

That was my complaint about the R model volvos, the S60R I drove was fast but numbed out and didn't really feel like anything.

That is my one complaint, it is numb -- well that and it can't turn for poo poo. Still a pleasure and goes when it needs to.

Hi P2 R buddy!

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

frunksock posted:

Oh shut up! I am completely envious of you right now!

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004
On June 3rd, I was involved in an accident that ultimately meant the demise of my '10 BMW E90 LCI 335i. Here is a photo from the day I picked her up:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

On July 22nd, I ordered my replacement, an '11 Subaru GR STi 5-Door. I am excited to have picked her up this past Friday (with all the wrapping still on it):

Click here for the full 640x478 image.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

JerseyDevil posted:

Images of terrible damage

Oh lord. Did the Caddy driver depart the scene?! Any chance they will be prosecuted?

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Shaocaholica posted:

Wow, amazing interior -- care to share any details about the netbook/gauge setup?!

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Shaocaholica posted:

Not sure I like using the long lens.

Also trying out this H-D-R thing for the first time. All the rage with kids these days.

I really like seeing photos of your car -- something about the way you have put it together and even the "simplicity" of your approach.

I believe HDR really begins to stand out when applied to very colorful, high brightness scenes, alas your masking is faintly noticeable, far less than what "the kids" would yield on their first time around ;)

I recently sent my headlights off to lightwerkz to have them perform a full blackout. I'm also having some S2000 projectors installed to replace the factory units, which yield a rather bland light output, particularly when compared to the S2000 units. In the meantime, my vehicle has been sitting like this:

Time to clean.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

charliebravo77 posted:

Am I the only one who totally loves the maniacal smile on the front end?

Possibly, although I do love the editing of your photo, sans the watermark of course ;)

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Nait Sirhc posted:

I picked up some CSL wheels for winter, and I think I like them more than the SSR GT3s it had before.

Good heavens, that car looks perfect. Maybe a slight drop in the front, and things would be heavenly!

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

azerdude32 posted:

Is that an E30 M?

No.

Here is a sweet shot of the interior in my 2011 Subaru STi (when it is clean):

Previous vehicles:

2004 Volvo S60R:

1988 BMW 535is

thealphabetsez fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 5, 2012

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

angryhampster posted:

This count?

I rather like this image. What was it captured with?

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

stump posted:

Goddamnit the a4 is a gorgeous car. Audi really make a nice interior too. What engine?

I'm almost certain that's an A3... Lovely exterior/interior color combo regardless. "Quattro" or FWD?

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Monstertruck posted:

2012 WRX...by far the best car I have ever owned.

Did you purchase your WRX from Dick Hannah?! I purchased my '11 STi from there, and just ordered a BRZ from there. You an Oregoon/Washingoon?! Quite the collection, regardless of your location!

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

kylej posted:

You could get a nice pro-tune for less than the price of an AP, and have much better results.

Very pretty car. Blobeyes unite :hfive:

You can also get a, "pro tune" and have it nicely stored on the AP, with the best results.

I keep coming back to that body style as my favorite STi.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

DropShadow posted:

It probably was, until I put it on a truck and sent it to its new home this morning. :(

God drat I already miss it.

Oh man, I wish I would have known -- I'd gladly have purchased it from you and kept it, "in the family."

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

No, I agree, the wheels are fine on their own, but don't work too well with a car like that. Compare and contrast:

So, get those wheels. Otherwise congrats, that's a very nice ride, the W124 is one of my favorite types of MB.

Is that a 500E?

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Infinotize posted:

Thanks! It's an 04 330i with the ZHP package.

Oh good lord, man! How comfortable is that lovely alcantera/cloth seat option? I was in talks with an owner of a 04' Alpine White variant, but waited too long to make a move. Since then I've felt it was the one that got away.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Veegie posted:

Took the typical fall shot of my E92 M3 a few weeks ago, and another in the parking garage below the studio.

What's going on, Alpine White E92 M3 buddy?! Now I have to post images of mine... in time. What suspension are you sitting on?

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Veegie posted:

Honestly, I'm not sure. Please put yours up though!
When I got the car, there was no mention of any suspension changes, but I really feel like my car sits about 1" lower than stock. I'll have to get under it and investigate soon.

I really, really like the ride height. So in any event, go you! Located in WA? I'm in/nearby PDX in OR.

Das Volk posted:

Hey, when did you get one? Just anecdotal but the Dinan stage 3 suspension felt absolutely awesome on the car and changed the handling balance to neutral/slight oversteer instead of understeer. Still streetable as well. I wouldn't bother with their performance stuff though, Evolve makes much better tunes/upgrades.

I've had mine for 6-months now. I sold my Subaru sometime earlier this year, where at the time I was spending M-F travelling for work, so I enjoyed the freedom, and plethora of rental vehicles. It really is my sister's fault that I got this car, and my appreciation for it is... well I no longer think you were being colorful citing auto journalists listing it as the best car, haha.

I'm looking forward to spring so I can get back to the track and continue developing my abilities. I do admit harbouring a strong desire to bring the ride height down slightly. TC Kline's EDC kit had my eye, but I can't find any suitable reviews of it. Was your experience with the Dinan stuff on an EDC equipped car? That's my big holdup with everything.

Here is an image my sister caught, of my retardation driving the car:

I'd apologize for using instagram on the next images, but it'd just be insincere.

Sister and her man-friend got me the black chrome kidney grilles as a birthday gift, so I completed the set and got the accompanying black chrome fender grilles.

Oh ha-ha. Asking for a quart.

I genuinely look forward to every opportunity to drive this car, and for the first time in my life, I have found a car that I will fight to keep in my possession until I pass.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

tuna posted:

My Jeep!

Photo taken trying to get the hell out of Silent Hill.

Ha! Quite possibly my favorite image sharing in this thread, thank you!

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

lazer_chicken posted:

My wife just bought a 135i M-package. Le mans blue, grey leather, manual transmission, tech package. I have the best wife :getin:

There is no denying that is a sharp looking car, but I must admit that I am baffled by the person that elects for BMW grey leather -- it just doesn't add up. In any event, get her an accessport so you can enjoy it ;)

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

meatpimp posted:

They do look great. Dad had them on his car. They had to go because they're so nasty to clean. It is honestly easier to take them off the car and clean them than to clean them in place.

He got a set of BBS RS-GT wheels in 19" and it transformed the way the car looks.

No denying that it is much easier to take them off the car. I just did that this past weekend; I had forgotten the barrels were grey and the cleaning really brought out a nice, lost sense of clean ;) I didn't find them to be heavy, by most comparisons.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

MEsean posted:

Hello. Here is a picture of my car that I took this morning.

300zx by sean.kruse.10, on Flickr

Sharp looking image! How did you find your way down to the riverbank like that (presuming that is the St. Johns Bridge in the background.)

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

Got the car back from the auto-body shop to replace the front bumper after a friend backed into it. The shop ended up waxing the entire car. It didn't come out great in the photo but I think it's shinier than when I bought it new...

Wait, are you in Hillsboro, Oregon? Orenco Station?!!?!?! I love your car.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

drat, that looks way better. I'm a photoshop newb. Thanks!

Yep, that's me. I live in the lofts above the Kitchen Kaboodle right now. It sucks having to use a New Seasons parking lot as your 'driveway' but at least I never have to worry about my car getting hosed with.

That is amazing. I am literally across Cornell at the Q condos. I've caught myself admiring your car on a number of occasions while walking to and from the grocer.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Drive back was mainly interstate as I just wanted to get it home. Now that it's here it'll spend a lot of time in the mountains.

Ended up getting it for 24k which seems nuts for a 25 year old car but this is the first all original under 100k example I've seen. Well worth the flights and drive, I'd do it again in a heartbeat though my bank account will disagree.

That engine is just something else though, it just pulls and pulls all the way to 8k with no letting up.

I believe you may have a bounty on your head at this very moment ;) Truly an amazing pickup.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

anime and cars posted:

Also it helps they didnt realy build that many compared to the e36 and e46 m3s iirc. Although a few years ago prices were still low over here due to being 'an old bmw' but now prices are starting to mirror stuff like sierra cosworths and integrales.

Hell last time I checked you could buy an early year e90 m3 over here for a low 20k, but the e30 is the one that started it all and was a homologation special.

That said im well jell! :D

I still remember my father pushing me away from an E30 M3 I was looking at in 2002, at $12-13K (avg price then) vs the E36 I ended up with. It's crazy seeing the value just jump in that time.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Bahamutsrage posted:

Just got a fresh new aero front bumper and rear spoiler painted for my Z4! :) Next I think I'm going to get the sideskirts and rear apron. I love OEM poo poo, it fits so perfect. I'm waiting for a tow hook license plate mount so I don't have to drill into the bumper directly--Virginia is strict about front plates. :sigh:

Oh man, when static, that car is just awesome! Any chance of getting a small spacer in the rear?!

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Linux Nazi posted:

Just traded in my crumbling FRS for this thing

I often regret not ordering my '11 5-door in that PBP, it is just so gorgeous! Great pickup, now fix those terrible headlamps. Why Subaru decided to do that '12+ is beyond me. I had lightwerkz completely rework my headlamps, s2000 projects and a full blackout, the results were beautiful.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Finch! posted:

The very car in the very colour that got me hooked on hot wagons. I've never owned one :smith:

Edited because wait is that an S4 or RS4?

Can we get the B5 RS4 now?! I thought it wasn't a US import.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Seriously?! The combination of your image composition and the subject, routinely make for drool-worthy content. I love your car and wish more in the Subaru community saw your efforts as an ideal ;)

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Hitch posted:

This is my new 2014 Ford Escape...pretty proud of it. Picked it up today from the dealership. :frogc00l:

Ford's newest line of vehicle is just amazing. It's an incredible advancement from the previous Escape. How are you liking it all so far?

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

DropShadow posted:

From Cars & Coffee Minneapolis this morning:

I love each of the Audis that you have owned over the years. On an unrelated note, if that lady in the background is any indication, it suggests that the terrible women's fashion trend is just as prevalent in the mid-west as out here in PDX.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

emotive posted:

Derp.

IMG_9950 by emotivelab, on Flickr

Stahp! I'm seriously in love with you car, it's just so perfect.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Chaapaai posted:

Just got this 05' Tacoma SR5 TRD Sport

How is the used market out east? Here in the northwest, it's cheaper to buy them new, than even a model 2-3 years old. They really are great trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

DoLittle posted:

New rims, hubs, brakes, bearings, exhaust etc. on the Alfa:

You seem to be neglecting the required thread for this car. Please share more, now!

I'm having my E92 fully detailed by a company who's work I have been drooling over. Got some pictures depicting the car in its current state.

I'm also using this opportunity to remove the OE spoiler in favor of the BMW Performance piece, and a few other things that will require my application of the dreaded Dow Betalink.

thealphabetsez fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 22, 2013