Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

This is the Fag Wagon. I could have linked any picture of any Volvo 2 series from 1975 to 1993 on the Internet and nobody would be able to prove it wasn't mine. It hauls five full-grown 6'+ adults comfortably, is made of pure Volvonium and as such is impenetrable, and is cheap as gently caress to insure as a 19 year old (90/mo). It's also slow as gently caress, gets terrible mileage (18mpg average city/highway), and has idling issues (probably the throttle body. Finding it out soon). I loving love this thing.

1993 Volvo 245

Ignore the sticker. :colbert:

obligatory glamor shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

82Daion posted:

Finally had time to wash my 245 instead of shuttling it back and forth to the shop:

Best color for the series next to silver, I think. Just needs a good pair of Borbet E's and it's the pimpest grocery getter on the block. :D

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Yeah, that car looks surprisingly awesome. The 80's were not a kind time to a lot of automobiles. :(

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

metaxus posted:

Keeping up the 80's wagon trend... '81 Volvo 245GL

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

I don't just get angry looks from hipsters, I get angry looks from everyone! :D

I commented on it on the other thread but I love how yellow it is. It's so... yellow!

Speaking of hipsters, I trimmed my lovely poor college student beard so I now have chops and a soul patch. I also own gold-rimmed aviators and plan on driving my Volvo around everywhere today.

I guess I could post my car here too.

'84 240T+I. Still needs tranny mounts (:quagmire:). Friday is my first day off in four weeks so I'm gonna try to get a friend together with me to get it replaced since I have no garage. At least I hope it's the transmission mount. Horrible knocking coming from under the shifter that sounds like somebody hitting muffled plastic at 2800-3200RPM, mostly when car is cold. Still, it's an absolute blast to drive now that I'm better with that suave sexy fellow Manuel.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

zuffenphile posted:

In the spirit of Belldandy and Blowdog here is my 2009 997.2

Porsche goons unite!

Your chrome car reflects the blue sky quite well :0

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Why, pray tell, would you need a clutch for an electric motor? They don't need to idle, they don't need help with launching, and in this case you only have one gear.

Gearing plays a lot in top speed. That's why the Tesla had a lot of issues revolving around this(or I assume still does). Also I'd assume by keeping the motor's RPM's lower you end up extending its life.

plus stickshift is fun

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I guess I can post this here...

Volvo 240 Turbo. My daily driver. Still a huge work in progress but so far it runs and drives flawlessly and that's what matters. Still gotta wire in the fog light relays and power locks, then un-black the previous owner's "cool mode" on the wheels. Boosting a comfortable 16psi to get groceries as fast as humanly possible. :hellyeah:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

heat posted:

These remind me of some promotional shots they were making fun of on Top Gear. I can't remember the company though.. maybe Porsche?

Looks like a P1800 to me.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Getindachoppa! posted:

I've decided to go to grad school, so to save money my Colbalt SS had to go. Here is the replacement:

Drives like a dream. I can't wait to buy the Hawaiian shirt and cigar to match it.

Hell yeah, man. Welcome to the Cars with Personality club. :coolfish:

Oh and congrats on grad school!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Just got a new toy for college. Let's hope I don't explode all over the highway. :ohdear:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My dad had the 6cyl version. Thing was awesome. If I had the money I'd get one to fix up with him in a heartbeat.

Great buy!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I got the first car I ever built back from the guy I sold it to! :neckbeard:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm psyched this car is back on AI, what's your plan?

A daily driver! I guess I could post about it in the Volvo thread too. Hah.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

ExecuDork posted:

How is it? Did he do anything to it, or just keep it nice and purdy for you? It is nice and purdy, at least in that picture.

I forgot there was a Volvo thread so I posted about it there too, but yeah, it's in better condition than I sold it and I technically got it for $2000 less than I sold it for so I'm not complaining. :D

Dude who bought it was a Volvo master tech who specializes in electrical work. Since I've had it back, I've taken the exhaust to a shop and had it properly aligned and added a 16T. Next, I'm adding chips and I'm cranking the boost until the transmission explodes so I have an excuse to put a T5 in it for The Ultimate Daily Driver Experience.

Now to drive it 20 hours to Oregon to get it registered since there's no way it will pass smog in California. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

blk posted:

PLOT TWIST: POST YOUR OTHER RIDE

If you have a boring part of your stable (partner's car, family car, daily driver, work car) post it here. I'm interested to see how everyone balances out the fun stuff.

Ironically, my grandmotherly Volvo 240 is my project car and I actually commute on this:

v :) v