Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander
2008 Mustang GT

I bought it loaded with everything but the appearnace package and navigation.

Only thing I've done so far is put in a new billet Hurst shifter. I'm planning on doing full exaust with long tubes, intake/ecu, and new suspension. I may change out the rear spoiler to a GT500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

thetechnoloser posted:

Unfortunately it was the only one with a 5-speed and any options on it, within a 50mi radius of where I am (right outside Detroit).

Royal Oak Ford sent a guy 250 miles to pickup my car in Ohio...it was probably somewhere near OSU since it's silver with red leather....

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

DropShadow posted:

This is the only Ford I'd consider purchasing. If Ford & GM started selling their European models here a decade ago, we wouldn't be in this mess.

They did and it didnt work....and it isnt working now.

turnerburna fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 30, 2009

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander
^ what are you putting down in HP/TQ

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

Weissbier posted:

I took this off and reverted to stock.

why?

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

Hatebreed posted:

It's me, I'm the red fat people seats in the interior. I wish it had recaros :(

I love my red leather seats. Car would feel so blah being silver with black leather.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

Picked it up on 3/10. Quality control blows but it sure is fun to drive.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

Darko posted:

As I posted in the "bad pic" thread, I actually got this car a month ago, but someone stole her the next day while I was out to eat, took the wheels, and caused 20k in damage from pushing it down the street, stuffing it, and not even putting it on blocks when taking the wheels.

The outside of the car had to basically be hand put back together with some underside work as well, it took a little more than a month (with me driving a rented Volkswagon Passat in the meantime), and I gave it the detailed look-through today. The dealer's shop did an excellent job overall, with all OEM parts that I can find. Looks like nothing ever happened, really. i took a bunch of pics for reference, and I'll share a few of the "normal" shots here:

What city were you in? I'll take a wild guess and say you were in midtown when it happened. I have the same car (pg 173) and I always get worried about leaving it somewhere overnight because of the wheels.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

Darko posted:

Close. Corktown, in front of Slows. I heard about break-ins, but not thefts there, especially with our push button starts. Guess they just push them down the street with other cars when there's an opening (and it was only left for a little over two hours).

Hour and a half wait? There is a parking lot with an attendant behind Mercury Bar which is basically the only safe spot for a car. That area of Michigan Ave is really bad for car break-ins (Red Smoke in Greektown is pretty good without the hype wait/theft).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

bidikyoopi posted:

Wheel locks. Before anyone says "sure but with effort you can take those off," the goal of wheel locks is not to be impenetrable, but just to make it hard enough that the thieves choose another car.

I don't think you understand southwest Detroit...