Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Bleh

1996 MR2 (mine is on the right)

Was a completely bone stock uk spec car (uk spec cars are non turbo only, but there are plenty of grey import turbos about), until I got a great deal on a jdm (yo) gen2 3sgte rear clip which went in along with the turbo gearbox and lsd.

Other things include

Celica ST205 GT4 A2W Intercooler
Gen3 CT20b turbo
Gen3 speed density conversion
Berk tech downpipe
A tiny oil leak I just cant seem to get rid of
Silly looking jdmu exhaust (to be replaced with a different slightly less silly looking fujitsubo exhaust)
Ohlins struts + stupid kg/mm springs (to be replaced with eibachs or trd us spec springs)
trd front and rear antirollbars
polybushes allround
Buddyclub wheels for the warmer weather

Next up
Buy a beater as driving 300+ miles a week is kinda killing the fun of the car
Get a gen3 motor like I should have in the first place
TD06 or GT28 turbo + standalone ems (already have) and ebc
Possibly a respray if I havent totalled it at a trackday next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ThwartedEfforts posted:

Audio pls

1969 Citroën DS 21 Super:

1987 Citroën CX 25 GTi Auto

Click here for the full 800x571 image.

1997 Citroën XM 2.0 SX:

Plus another two Citroëns in storage. gently caress the Germans, I ain't ever been happier :)

What the hell man, just what the hell.

Also you need to finish it off by getting a C8

You mentalist

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

VolumeOverTalent posted:

I know. :cool: Yay for brand loyalty. They make good stuff, and their colours match my car.

And yeah, I didn't realise how big the front wheel gap was until I took that picture... that'll be on my 'to do' list, I think.

Why not save your money trying to tart up an econospec focus.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

kimbo305 posted:

Was it an alternate option or something, because the US ones all seem to have this one:

Though there's plenty of pics of your kind of hood online.

I have to say nattrass is correct, that is a stock ST185 GT4 bonnet. Unless there was a different bonnet for the standard GT4 and the RC/Carlos Sains versions.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Throatwarbler posted:

That's a GT-4 RC, which was the Japanese market homogolation model/trim. The hood is now a vent instead of a scoop. Maybe to accomodate the WTA intercooler or something, I dunno.

A lot of North American ricers put that hood on their FWD Celicas.

here it is on the real deal.

Yeah the ST185 RC (or Carlos Sainz edition as it was sold in europe) had a WTA intercooler instead of the normal air to air topmount. I only know this because I spent ages looking at toyota epc's trying to find appropriate parts to bolt an ST205 WTA intercooler to the equivalent of a ST185 engine.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GazChap posted:

Both on the cards :coal:

I've got some carbon-fibre riser blocks coming at the start of June, and then I just need to get myself a pre-facelift tailgate and spoiler.

Castrol graphics will be going on once I've got a decent quote for the work.

Noo please dont put the castrol graphics on it, thats going to be just as bad as all the chavs who livery up their tatty wrx's. The car looks great as is anyway!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rottbott posted:

Just bought this:

It's very fast and I like it.

That is sexy as hell, i've only seen like one of those and that was in the goodwood carpark. What one is it the 2.5 turbo?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

KozmoNaut posted:

According to wikipedia, all A610's had 3.0 V6 turbo engines, with either 250 or 280 hp.

Whoops, I thought it was a GTA.

On a bit of reading this site they only made 67 RHD A610s which makes it rare as gently caress. Suprising it's so heavy though.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

CrackHoor posted:

I'll add my appreciation of these, especially this nervous getaway driver pic.

Here's a few shots of my '98 240SX, I got it in 2001 and it's never given me any problem, even though I've slacked lately in my car-care habits. The washes & waxes are getting fewer and farther between.

And a pic of my brother's Forester - we competed in some Novice TSD Rally events this summer here in BC.

I remember you from GTPLanet!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

You Am I posted:

Ah, the Essex Cruiser.

This is pretty true to life, I rarely see the older RS turbo cars anywhere outside essex. The closer to dagenham you get the more fords you see, but then the closer to luton you get the more Vauxhalls you see, although at least the Vauxhall plant still makes cars. Unlike in dagenham where they pretty much just make fords diesel powerplants now i'm pretty sure.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

You Am I posted:

Isn't the Tranny Van still being made in the UK, or is it being built in Genk with the rest of the Fords?

I think so, but tbh ford builds cars all over europe, germany, turkey, spain and probably other places.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ziploc posted:

That blue Ford badge looks dumb on the front of that. See if you can't get a black/orange one or something.

If you going to go with some crazy color coordination, follow through!

Used to be able to get them in other colours, I always remember the XR3i and RS turbo wideboys used to have lime green ones back in the day.

http://www.dmb.uk.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=460&msg=Please+Choose+Options+For+This+Product&extraField=

You can order an orange overlay here anyway.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

sigtrap posted:

Hey are you japanese because you looked at the DDR game and you sound like you like pocky ^__^ my name is jacob and I have many animes, please give sex to me ^__^

this but ironically

also my car is now hillarious

this thing needs about 2 grands worth of bodywork to make it nice again, only thing is I drive it so much i'd probably stonechip the front again in about a month. you realy cant tell how bad the paint is in places, as my friend drove into the back of it pushing the bootlid back about an inch. got everything nice and straight but its hard finding parts in this colour, so i ended up going for the spoilerless look with a base spec (early eu spec mr2 with 3sfe motor and power NOTHING) bootlid. I did actually manage to come across one in the right colour but I quite liked the shape of the car with out the spoiler so i put the red one back on. :q:

the paint is peeling off on the visable rear quater due to a bad sprayjob from the po. the paint is also coming of the front splitter which I think was also resprayed at some point

i would have gotten shot of this thing if it wasnt so fun to drive, mainly because i've pretty much replaced all the suspension with koni yellows trd springs, arbs, uppermounts and some other trick bits im forgetting. also its got a cracking 3rd gen 3sgte motor.

Sometimes i think of getting something newer, but then this thing always manages to make me grin at least once every journey. also the way it is i'm not worried if someone dings it or if I have an off on a trackday, which I would if I had an immaculate paintjob.

I mean I keep looking at s2000s or an elise but with the s2000 i'd miss the extra grunt and I dont think I could do the miles I currently drive in an elise.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

sacre posted:

I understand completely. I've been looking at other cars since I sold my MR2, but nothing seems to come close at that price.

these things arent worth crap here anymore though, I can pick up another 1994/5/6 turbo in nice condition for about £3000. Its just the 97/98/99 years that are stupid expensive.

I was thinking of getting a mint AE86 from ireland or just the most standard R32 GT-R possible but then i'd feel bad about putting lots of mileage on either of those. I realy need to get another job where I can just catch the train to work or something. :sigh:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I HATE CARS posted:

Yep, 18x8. Weak offset but I want them to tuck a little.

Love their Instant Gentleman kit (even for the name alone :v:), but I'm not sure how well it goes with the Kouki. Halfway tempted to direct swap somebody for a Zenki front and go full on Supermade ...

Man I realy want an S chassis at somepoint, are the S14's a bit more rust resistant than the uk s13? I'd hope so if yours has lived most of its life in scotland. I think i've read too many project threads over at driftworks.

I think i'd have to import a PS13 k's with an SR20DET, which would probably be stupid expensive

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I HATE CARS posted:

Nope!

PO got both rear arches, the sills, and a bunch of stuff underneath the car welded just a year or so - to the cost of a few thousand pounds.

Unfortunately importing is still prohibitively expensive and time consuming, otherwise I would've tried harder to get the mint AE86 Levin Hatch I've always wanted.

Nice, I think that would be the other option buy one thats had a tonne of welding already. I've been pretty lucky with my SW20 but the rear arches are starting to rust a little now, also my drivers door but I managed to find a mint one in the same colour.

I do agree that the S14 and the uk S13 look gash when they are completely standard. Love those wheels though, what are they nismo/rays?

For content

On its 4th motor after the turbo decided to push its contents through the motor. Also it has the SSR's all round but I havent taken a recent picture.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TheFrailNinja posted:

You don't like the look of stock s13s? I think the s13 hatch is perfect just the way it is, with the 7 spokes and stock ride height. I wish I could find one unmolested. Nice mr2, by the way.

I like the way the Silvia PS13 looks and the later spec 180SX's but the uk spec S13 looks realy boring to me standard.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

e.pie posted:

God I wish we got those in the US.

Its just a poverty spec bmw?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Hermansen posted:

Yeah, a twenty year old MR2 is much more posh and lavish in every way..

my car is an old piece of poo poo but its miles more fun to drive than a 118d I dont give a poo poo what my car looks like as long as its fun :v:
I hooned a rental 118d round for a while, those things love to understeer. I could barely tell the drat thing was rwd.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Manny posted:

I'm glad you've still got that, as I think it was your thread that was partly responsible for tipping me over the edge into getting a cheapy MR2 and having a go myself :)

mr2 drifting (spinning)

Are you on imoc or mr2oc?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

nattrass posted:

1995 Celica GT-Four jap import. 300bhp, volk te37's. Goes pretty well, wank tyres though (avon zz1, NEVER buy these tyres). Original skirts, TRD front and rear spats.

is that 300bhp at the flywheel or whp? If its whp you must have ditched the ct20, or if its flywheel you must be upping the boost?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Depressing Drawers posted:

Sure, I'm no photographer so you'll excuse the lovely pictures I hope.

The back

The engine

Tasteful purple fabric interior

Hmmm tape deck

49k :)

Check your rear sills for rust, allot of the older sw20s over here are rotting from the inside which is pretty costly to fix if you cant weld.

Its amazing how cheap you can pick one up these days, you can pick up a nice rev3 na for less than a grand if you shop around. I'm on the lookout for a nice turbo hardtop shell atm.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

drat I just looked it up on youtube and it sounds insane for a stock exhaust.

The european abarths are whisper quiet in comparison. The us exhaust sounds like the time I just had a straight pipe coming straight off the turbo and you could hear the turbo spinning up through the exhaust.

For reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVBBI7fB_Wg

Edit: i just realised that video is shot in bluewater carpark ha

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 11, 2012

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
ok so i just bought this, yes i bought the same car

jdm (yo) gen3 hardtop turbo on silly coilovers that are way too low, loud exhaust and a bunch of other stuff thats going to be removed/changed. So i'm going to break my old one and put all my nice suspension on because i hate these coilovers. Also yes I know the numberplate is in the wrong place im going to put it on the front when I get the bracket.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

MetaJew posted:

I've always wanted a 3rd gen MR2. Yours looks great!

Please don't drill your bumper for a license plate. Front license plates suck.

There are already holes drilled into the front bumper, plus i'm pretty sure it needs to be on the front or the police are going to get pissy. Tbh its better than my uk specs front numberplate, which was a massive ugly plastic slab.

Also if any uk goons wanna buy a whole gen3 turbo rearclip (lol) hit me up

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

MetaJew posted:

Edit: whoops, meant 2nd gen. Or is there a third generation that isn't the MR-S?

To make it complicated it has the 3rd generation 3sgte motor. This was only available in the mr2 in japan and the celica gt4 st205 in europe/austnz/japan. To make it even more complicated the sw20 had 5 different revisions during its lifetime, this car is a 3rd revision.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Steve McScene posted:

Idiot race. Are they RGs? P1s?
Also leave your plate there it'll be sound.

Old school rgs, I had to take the po's old wheels off because he wanted to sell them separate. He also had a 25mm spacer on the rear which I tested my wheels with for a mexiflush look lol.

Also seriously I cannot wait to get rid of these coilovers, the rears are constantly rubbing even though the arches are rolled. Slight dips in the road, slightly hard cornering its loving rubbing. Also they ride like poo poo, on the motorway the car is constantly bobbing up and down.

Might put the plate at the top of the window somehow idk yet.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoLittle posted:

Just bought a ratty Alfa 75 Turbo to use as a track day and ice track car. It is cosmetically rough but rust free and has some nice new components. Unfortunately, much of what the previous owner has done to the car requires some attention before I dare to drive it.

Before:

Now:

You had me at rust free alfa :allears:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

blambert posted:

It's DSG.

I had it on the MkV GTi and fell in love with it. I appreciate the difference and do love driving a manual, but the DSG transforms the car to this epically formidable.. machine? It's weird, there's a different feel to it that I like.

I spoke to bluefin today and have decide to take the plunge once I've worn it in.

Brings to 0-60 down to 4.5s :eek:

Can you not get an actual dyno tune instead of an ots one not tailored to your car?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I cant wait to tell my mate whos just got his M12 back on the road to rip his rear wing off because it makes him a ricer.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
heres a pic of my gay lovely car parked infront of a leapord print mini

also a realy bad pic of the noble

Comrade I notice your one doesnt have that little carbon front lip, I never did ask him if that was standard or not. He literaly had the whole rear of the car off down to the spaceframe and was telling me about the gearbox having gently caress all clearance in some places. The old 5 speed box broke and he ended up putting a 6 speed box with a quaife in along with a buncha other stuff.

Every time I see the drat thing i want one, they are pretty resonably priced here but I just couldnt park something like that on the street. I guess I need to move and get a garage, drat.

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 24, 2012

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

BANNED USER posted:

I don't normally post, but I figured I might as well for my ride.

Nice, specs?

Tintop is the best option, well over here where I laugh at all the t-bar owners for having soaking wet interiors :newlol:

One day i'll manage to take a pic of my car that isnt a crappy cameraphone one.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

BANNED USER posted:

It's a 91' and the sunroof has a new seal for it, so I'm dry all the time, besides, the Falken tires aren't really that hot in the rain so I try to keep it inside when its coming down. Engine is freshly rebuilt, previous owner had an open vaccuum line since he didn't know how to finish installing a boost gauge. It was originally an NA but the turbo conversion was already done, so I just went from there. 4 blocks and 2 MR2 pulls later, the engine is fixed and good to go, wiseco pistons, eagle rods, etc. For 500 miles she's pretty good, but then when my ct26 turbo blows, I've got to source another turbo, again. Now I've got a ct20b thrown in there, so since my last dyno I'm probably pushing about 225 to the wheels. Torque is right around 205-206, and when I get my boost controller I could easily get it up to 300. It's got a bit of a ways to go, but at least she isn't going to be crushed any time soon.

Ahh I couldnt see the sunroof, my old '96 was a sunroof but it was so tatty cosmetically that it was cheaper to break it and buy a better condition one than get it up to scratch.

Is it a gen2 or 3 motor? Either way the CT20b is way better than a ct26 on either gen. I was gonna say that ct20bs are a bit flakey with their ceramic turbines but then i've had 3 ct20s that have been fine and one modified ct26 that had an exhaust blade shatter and took the motor with it.

If it was the na did the po upgrade to turbo calipers? I know the usdm na cars have a realy weedy brake setup compared to everywhere else.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
drat, I realy wish I had the skill and patience to do that. My car is covered in swirl marks, I think i'm just going to pay a detailer to do it instead. :v:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

stump posted:

This is an interesting discussion: http://youtu.be/REwb748WX4E

It's a very iconic car, becoming very collectible, and can be had on a high end enthusiast budget.

Also it helps they didnt realy build that many compared to the e36 and e46 m3s iirc. Although a few years ago prices were still low over here due to being 'an old bmw' but now prices are starting to mirror stuff like sierra cosworths and integrales.

Hell last time I checked you could buy an early year e90 m3 over here for a low 20k, but the e30 is the one that started it all and was a homologation special.

That said im well jell! :D

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

drukqs posted:

Picked it up about three weeks ago.

Getting badly-needed front tie rod ends and ball joints on Tuesday, always tries to scuttle off of exit ramps :downs:

up next is a gas charged hood prop and boost/EGT gauges, going into an ashtray pod I purchased in a group buy like five years ago.

cosmetically...needs a lot of paintless dent removal, replacement tail lamps, satin red vinyl wrap for everything below the window line, thinking about leaving the top black.

Nice, looks like a border front, toms sides and you've got the rev5 spoiler! Ooh is that a genuine border vented bonnet? Does it also have the radiator relocated?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

drukqs posted:

Seems like the stock location, I don't remember how its supposed to be situated from my previous MR2. The vents in the hood could theoretically improve cooling.

The hood is extremely rough, needs re-epoxying and it will be wrapped in vinyl to hide the numerous imperfections.

It puts the radiator at an angle so that the air can flow out of the hood vents. Your photo the rad looks like a bit like its sitting at an angle, but im probably not seeing it right.

Dunno what difference it would make seeing as when the cooling system is working properly on an sw its pretty drat good even on track.

Red with a black roof will look good, although i've always wanted a sonic shadow car.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

animeliker posted:

Nice. Mk2's are my personal favourite. I'll probably be tarred for this but I'm actually a big fan of the snorkel intake (TOM's?) because it reminds me of an F1 car from 1975.

Edit: It's too bad North America never got the two-tone black roof/grey MR2.

The snorkel was designed only to work with the non turbo cars though, as the genuine toms snorkel came with an airbox that hooked straight to it. This only mates up to the 3S-GE engined cars, as all the other ones have different TB locationss.

99% of the time all they do is mess up the airflow in the engine bay as the undertrays and vents are designed to push air upwards out of the enginelid. So if I ever see one fitted I automaticaly assume the owner is a moron.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Octopus Magic posted:

Sort of, but even MORE fun:

I'm pretty sure Supras had a variant of them, and I know mid nineties EVO's had it too.

I have these exact seats in my mr2, they came as a rare factory option. Although mine came from a supra and are mounted on bride rails.

I used to have a set of evo4 ones in my old car but they were way too wide and didnt suit the interior at all.

I still have one of them knocking about somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

SquirrelGrip posted:

Haven't driven it in over 2 years, but it is now in a shop having all the little niggly poo poo fixed because I don't have the time these days.
Back on the road for my birthday in March I think? or hope?

Are you in aus/nz or the uk?