Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Tacky vinyl represent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Three years / about 30k later and I can't wait to get out of it. Hoping to replace it with some form of turbocharged peoplehauler - Mazdaspeed 3, HHR SS, Mini Cooper S, something like that.
I love mine but I wouldn't exactly consider it a people hauler. It works for 4, but lack of rear doors would make it kind of a pain for more than occasional usage for passengers, and if you ever need more than a little cargo space it's a bit lacking if people are back there. Unless you were talking about a Clubman in which case at least the cargo area looks somewhat decent even with the seats up, I'm not sure how much of a difference the club door makes.

Cablekid posted:

As a 17 year old and this being my first car I get goosebumps every time I glance at it or drive it to and from school.
Congratulations! I think the older Toyota pickups look great, although part of that might be cause they remind me of the fixed up black one in Back to the Future.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Doctor Bud posted:

e2: It has a reverse camera mounted flush beside the tailgate handle.
So if you need the tailgate down while carrying cargo you have a view of the ground on the camera?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

I missed this killer line from last page but the wing on my truck isn't supposed to help with aerodynamics. It's there for ricer envy and killing birds, two tasks it excels at. Did I mention it is all steel, or aluminum.....it's loving metal, anyways.

Thank you, Chrysler engineering department.
Obviously they made it as heavy as possible to try to even out the weight distribution!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

porter posted:

Also had a Murcielago. Old Diablo chassis showed its age. It creaked, and build quality wasn't great. Power was sluggish down low. Difficult to track properly. The AWD was clumsy and invasive. On the plus side I liked how it looked.
Here I was thinking "was the Gallardo too pedestrian for you..."

quote:

"...guess not." Good lord I love that car.

porter posted:

By my own admission, I simply got a bit lucky and made some timely choices.

I enjoy the posts you guys make showing your own vehicles and describing all the details. I like how passionate this forum is.
This is you isn't it? :v:. I appreciate your posts too, always fun seeing and hearing about various exotics.

Already posted my car on the first page, but here's an older pic before it got striped:

Behind it is my brother's 02 or 03 3 series, which he doesn't really drive much. His work involves a shitload of driving so he uses our dad's Civic hybrid w/carpool lane stickers. In the foreground corner is a piece of my old '99 Tacoma which we haven't sold cause apparently we need to move large objects every once in a while. Otherwise it's pretty much been in storage at another house ever since getting the Mini last March, up until last week when we bought some big rear end elliptical machine and drove up to deliver to my brother. Battery was dead, tires felt like cubes at first, but it seems ok for now. Otherwise my parents have a CR-V in there which probably gets used most out of all the cars.

Guess which car has the most upright windshield :v:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Or AR2, I think the only difference is the "anthracite accent" (the dark parts).

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I think giant monster props are the key to road racing making a comeback in America, think of the headlines! (...ignore the idiotic typo :downs:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Are those Kosei K1s? If so how much were they? I looked for them after I got my car last year and it sounded like they were out of production (at least in my car's size).