Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
I wasn't too sure where to ask this:

I'm looking to buy my first dSLR and want to find a store that carries lots of dSLRs and actually has functioning demo units. I'm in Chicago, and the local Best Buys have only a few SLRs out and like one turns on and actually works.

I really would like to side by side compare Nikons Canons and Olympus (I'm looking specifically for the 410, which the Olympus site told me that only two stores in the area carry it, so I have to head over to there to try it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
Is it worth it to purchase a gray card for white balancing? Will it give me a significant improvement over the AWB (If it matters, I'm using a Canon XS)

Also, I see

quote:

It can shoot up to 3.0 fps (frames per second), in bursts of up to 514 JPEGs or 5 RAW files, so you'll never, ever miss a shot.
What write speed am I looking for on a card to allow non-stop JPEG shooting? Currently, after 8 the pictures start shooting slower, and at 11 I can't take any more until the buffer is clear. I'm looking at making a few GIFs of things, so it would be nice to be able to take unlimited shots. My current card is a Class 6, but it's a generic one and doesn't say the actual write speed.

Would an Ultra II be able to, or am I looking at an Extreme III in order to shoot non-stop.
e: If so, which one do people most recommend.

Shmoogy fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 6, 2009