Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
edit - new page :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Really you shouldn't be using destructive things like converting to outlines unless you're preparing final files or you absolutely have to.

^ also I just now noticed your avatar is animated even though I've seen it dozens of times before.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
What makes you say it's a finished logo that you can guarantee will not need to be edited? It looks like part of a logo in progress. What if you want to change the font or tweak the kerning?

I don't see a reason to not keep it editable.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Export in a lossless format and just keep that?

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip

Zero VGS posted:

I figure I should ask here instead of DIY just because this thread gets more traffic and someone will know:

Can a waterjet cut through 1/2 inch thick polycarbonate cleanly? Someone told me that if I try to make cut-outs in the middle of a polycarb plate, the waterjet will basically lose energy trying to tunnel through and the cut will be messy. Or is that bullshit?

I don't have experience with waterjets but can you start the cut in the middle and go from there, rather than on the line, so to speak? That way the messy part would be gotten rid of anyway.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Yeah, that's a better explanation. :Woodworking:

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
He should have done more than 30 seconds of searching because that's not true, per neonnoodle's post.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
It's cool. I didn't mean for it to be a "what an idiot" thing. Just wanted to make sure he saw the post about it being ntrig. My b.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
That's something you'll have to come to an agreement on. $10/hr is exceptionally cheap, $50/hr is getting into the range of an experienced designer (but they also tend to work more efficiently).

Don't assume that a logo design process is simple. The end result might be very simple but it can take time to get there.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
The real Al Borland would have known that, impostor.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Uhhhhhhhhh you may have the wrong forum

gently caress you new page. Every time.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
For taking notes I use a cheap papermate inkjoy and they've been good. Not sure how much writing you're doing exactly.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Imo you're going the wrong way and the first version was one of the best, aside from the weirdness going on with the teeth. The silhouettes have zero character. I also read it as 3 possible versions at first but i don't think that will be an actual issue when applied.

Start over with the text entirely :/

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Really he just thought color overlay did what fill layer does

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
I hate working on paper. That guy is still a moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Being a professional artist sounds unbelievably frustrating