Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pimpin Panda
Feb 19, 2008
Hi everybody, I'm working in Dreamweaver designing (essentially) my first site and am attempting to have a image fade in over another image when I roll over it and then fade back out when I mouse out. I tried using the behavior effects to do this but they seem very buggy and almost never work like I want them to. Is there an easier way to do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pimpin Panda
Feb 19, 2008

plaguedoctor posted:

Sorry, I'm kind of at a loss. The two names that really pop out for me are Picasso or Miro.

You might try browsing through the Artchive and see if any of the names or terms stand out.

Is your javascript disabled in any way? Do you have NoScript installed on Firefox?

You could also do an image rollover using CSS, by having your image as a sized link with a background image that hides non-active portions, and then using the a:hover tag to move the image placement to show the mouseover state.
Here's a very brief tutorial: http://www.tutorio.com/tutorial/pure-css-image-rollovers/

This was just the first result from googling "image rollover css", but I'm sure there are better tutorials out there.

Hi, thanks a lot for the response. But to clear up, I wasn't having problems with just a rollover, the problem was I was trying to have the rollover image gradually fade in instead of just appearing. I got that figured out though so thanks.
Haha the only problem is now my other javascript (lightbox) won't work.