Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a computer
Feb 22, 2008
I swear in Illustrator the little black arrow used to let me drag things around and resize them by default, but now it only seems to let me drag things around, and if I want to resize I need to switch to the resize tool. This sucks because if I want to select something else I need to switch back to the arrow.

Someone please tell me I'm not going mad and I've accidentally turned off some option by mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer
Feb 22, 2008

gitsurfer posted:

Hopefully this is the right place to ask, and hopefully no-one has asked it.

A while ago I'm pretty sure I saw a bunch of folk on GBS use a program to extend photographs. Basically say someone took a photo of a tomato on a chopping board but it was misaligned and they needed some more of the chopping board background at one side to even it out. This program would somehow figure out how to make more of the background. I've explained this really poorly but if someone knows what I'm taking about...

I've never seen that before. But have you tried the content-aware scale in PS? It's pretty cool for small adjustments.

a computer
Feb 22, 2008
I have an Illustrator problem. CS3. I'm going insane here.

Is there any way to change the highlight color that Illustrator gives objects and paths? The default color is yellow and I don't know if it's just my eyes but it might as well be invisible because seriously look at this poo poo (I'm trying to work with gradient meshes in outline mode and it's driving me nuts).

I've gone through the preferences list about 200 times and googled the problem unsuccessfully for the past half an hour. Someone please help.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a computer
Feb 22, 2008

vonnegutt posted:

I don't know how to change it permanently, but in my illustrator (CS4) it gives every layer a different path color. So a quick and dirty fix might be to add a layer and just lock the yellow one.

I love how clueless I am about things like this. Thank you.

a computer
Feb 22, 2008
What does 'stealing sheep' mean?

I remember picking up a book about type -- I forget what it was called, maybe 'Don't Steal Sheep' -- and in the blurb it talked about some typographer saying 'anyone who would letterspace Blackletter would steal sheep'. Then it said 'if you don't know what he means, read this book and find out!' So I read the book, but I still didn't find out what he meant.

a computer
Feb 22, 2008

RobertKerans posted:

The original quote is supposedly "Any man who would letterspace blackletter would shag sheep." Or gently caress sheep. There's not any hidden typographic in-joke held in the stealing sheep bit, it's pretty straightforward, it literally means stealing sheep

Oh, OK. So it's just an insult.

That makes me feel stupid, but also better.

a computer
Feb 22, 2008
How do I bring up a little zoomed out preview window of what I'm working on in Photoshop? (so I don't have to keep zooming in and out all the time)

a computer
Feb 22, 2008
Oops, I quoted myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer
Feb 22, 2008
Thanks big beefy chedder!