Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soapy Joe
Apr 4, 2008

I'm working on a production of David Hare's "The Blue Room", an adaptation of Arthur Schnitzler's "La Ronde". The play contains a song of the same title and we're having trouble finding music for it. I know that when the show opened on Broadway the music was composed by Paddy Cunneen, but I can't find a copy of the song or the music anywhere. Anyone know where I can find it and find it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soapy Joe
Apr 4, 2008

Is this an appropriate place to ask for feedback on a blog with comic intentions? Is there a thread for that? It's babby's first blog.

Soapy Joe
Apr 4, 2008

I need some advice on the following grammar conundrum. The sentence is: "There was two feet of space between the drywall of the garage and the galvanized steel chamber."

Should that be "there were two feet of space..."? There is only one total amount of space, which leads me to believe that it should be "was" since "was" applies to singular things. But there's two feet of it which is plural and makes me think that maybe it should be "were". Does the was/were in this case refer to the object (space) or the quantity (two feet)?

I'm leaning towards were, but I would like a second opinion. Were sounds better but I think was might be technically correct.

Soapy Joe
Apr 4, 2008

Thanks, I think I'll go with were. :)