Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
More generally about this board- what would be the best way to put up a short audio theater script? Has anyone tried that here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

pipes! posted:

We've had scripts posted here before. Follow the rules to figure out if it warrants a new thread or not, and how to format everything. I can't speak for others, but I don't get how people can READ DIALOGUE WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS, so you might have to convert it if you're writing it in a screenwriting app that formats it retardo-Hollywood style for you.

The reason I ask is because audio scripts use a different format (character names go on the left, then indentation, then dialogue) and different conventions from movie/tv or stage scripts. I guess I'll just have to see how it works in the preview.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Huntersoninski posted:

Yes. Something like "Death drawing near, crushed by thousands of pounds of pressure in an endless night, Sean's hand finds at last a useful lever - the battery's priming pump." But that still is too unwieldy.

edit: Or maybe "Crushed by thousands of pounds of pressure in an endless night, death was drawing near. At last, Sean's hand finds a useful lever - the battery's priming pump."

That gives you a weird dangling modifier (death is being crushed)?

"Crushed by thousands of pounds of pressure in an endless night, Sean knows his death draws near. At last, his hands find a useful lever- the battery's priming pump!"

It's not great but it's a start.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I have a script for a sci-fi audio play. I got some feedback here on the opening scene, but the thread where I linked the whole thing on Google Docs has two replies, both mine, after a month, so I'm not expecting to hear much more on that. I'd like to produce it or get it produced somehow but it's tough to know where to start on something like that.

What would you say my best options are? Should I try to pimp it harder here and get more interest, or would that come off desperate, or should I try to present it differently? Are there other good places to circulate something like this?

I'm trying not to come off all E/N about this, I can think of a couple of things I did wrong putting it up, and the answer may well be let it lie fallow for a while. I've got other things on the burner but this is a project I'm passionate about and I need to get better at self promotion. So advice is welcome.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm starting to look over how many actors I'd need but there's still organization in terms of having an engineer and sourcing the sound and music and so on. The Solicitation thread seems to be mostly for full pitches ("I need X amount of money, here's what I'll do with it") and I'm not quite at that stage yet. That's partly what I'm searching around for, any help actually doing the logistics of an audio production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

I'm not quite clear what you're wanting - people to help with sound/music? Or someone to talk to about how to find people to help with sound/music/recording?

The basic needs would be voice cast, engineer (I can work Audacity but there's no substitute for someone who has a trained ear), sound and music. Any people I get involved will probably want compensation of some kind, so what I should be offering for that is a question I don't know the answer to. I need to know what kind of budget I will need. THEN it's a question of where and how to solicit that help.

(Sound and music can probably be stock. It'd be great if they weren't but that's at least one thing I know I can get.)