Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is there a thread for jewelry makers? I have a slightly silly question about casting something in gold but I haven’t been able to find the right thread for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

armorer posted:

This one maybe, although the discussion is more gemstone focused typically - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894756

Sometimes it comes up in the metalworking thread as well (but it's really not the right thread for it) - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2905844

I’ll check them out, thanks!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Hey! Yes the jewellery thread is a lot of gems but there are a few goldsmiths there who keep an eye on it. I’m one of them and cast almost every week in a variety of golds. If you have a question you can ask there or here :)

Thanks Claes that’s very cool :) I’ll ask in the jewelry thread a little later

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

N17R4M posted:

Is there a film/tv props/replicas/cosplay thread? My search fu is weak, yet I can't help but feel that surely such a thread must exist somewhere.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3981799

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Vinyl would be good but would get distorted as it wraps around the details. You could project it at night then it would look right straight on.

Snowy fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Literally A Person posted:

Call me nuts but that seems like the type of pattern some thought and painters tape could handle.

Yeah when I first looked I wasn’t paying close enough attention and thought it was circles :v: I’d probably do it with tape too