Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Interested in fabricating some roller ball pen refills. I can't figure out where to source the tips. Anyone have an idea?

Not looking for a nib to connect to a pen housing. I have pretty tight requirements on total size for the refill, so I'm just looking for the part that carries the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Can anyone recommend a consumer-priced printer that can print on 8"x10" or larger rigid illustration board 0.3" thick? Does such a thing even exist? It would need to be horizontal feed or vertical feed. Does not need to do color but that would be a nice plus.

I want to do lineart digitally and then print onto an illustration board to do color traditionally but I haven't had much luck finding non-industrial printers that can handle rigid materials.

Axidraw plotter would do it

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

HungryMedusa posted:

I hadn’t heard of these; looks super interesting

I would love to try something like this with colored pencils, tho you would need to have them do a lot of smaller actions to allow for sharpening

I am hoping to get a new printer in the next couple weeks. Peat Moss, pm me - I have some media I could print to for you to try using the Inktense with

There's a mech pencil that automatically extrudes apparently

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

AFistfulOfBitcoins posted:

Been reading Perspective Made Easy, and it includes a way of dividing a surface in perspective that im struggling to understand. Here's a lil' diagram I whipped up:

The black box is the surface in perspective. According to this method you can subdivide it (for example to place windows or columns) by extending a horizontal line (the blue one), then drawing a line from the top corner to the opposite corner until it intersects that horizontal line (the purple one, in this case). From here you subdivide the blue line you've sectioned off however you like, mark those sections and then from those markers draw diagonals to the starting point of the purple line (the green diagonal). Where these lines intersect the surface (the black line), indicate where the divisions should be in perspective.

The problem i've encountered is that it seems to be flat out wrong- by finding the centre of the surface (both purple lines, with a green indicating the perpendicular) and the center of the blue line (orange lines) its clear they are both different. If you continued the vertical orange line towards the top right corner, it should show a completely different center point than the purple lines show. So basically my question is am I missing something? How can this method work if it gives an inaccurate center line? I feel like somethings missing cos its an old book still in publication, surely if it were incorrect they'd have edited it by now?

hope i've explained this properly!

Foreshortening? Oh. Your problem is that it doesn't seem like the method foreshortens.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

How is Scrievner for ios? Worth the 20$? I'm thinking of something I can use for phone writing/note-taking that isn't word, discord or google docs.

i liked it for macos last time i used it