Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Okay, so you know those EKG heartbeat lines, and how the same effect can be used for like... audio levels

like a solid line until audio goes up and then it spikes and goes back down

does anyone know of a program that can do that, specifically one that could be easily livestreamed? I'm wanting to take a swing at Twitch stuff but I'm also ugly as sin, but I would like to have some kind of representation of myself on screen for parasocial marketing connection reasons, but I also cannot afford to go full v-tuber. I've mostly narrowed my options down to "cool heartbeat voice thing" or "get a puppet." I don't even know if this is the best thread for this, but as you can see I'm real good at making bad decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

You want an audio waveform visualizer? Maybe something like this? Visualizers used to be a big art thing (like, WinAmp had a bunch of 'em), so I'm sure you can find a bunch if you do some research.

I struggled for like ten minutes to google it without finding out the term was "visualizer," god drat thank you so much

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

sebmojo posted:

sound lines

wiggly sound lines

loving sound lines and they go up and down

you know what I mean google the wiggly lines with the dot and it moves

goigle I can't afford an anime work with me show me the goddam uppy downy scribble and its a sound wave

that was basically how it went down, yeah, with the added bonus that now the algorithms are trying to sell me heart monitors

I'd also like a simple dealio to animate a sprite's two-frame mouth when I talk, Starfox style, but that's going to have to wait until I figure out what the hell I'm doing with this part

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Wobbly Python posted:

Oh hey, you're looking for http://veado.tube

This wild dude on the internet has been workin' on a project that does exactly what you describe and a little more.

The phrase to google is "PNGTuber" to find more like it.

https://jiinh.com/discord-reactive-image-generator/ This other marvel of PNGtubing has figured out how to extend the benefit of having a little two-state avatar to all your friends by hijacking the Discord chat bubble overlay as well, so if you're particularly prolific all your friends can have little talky heads.

I use these pretty frequently, as I do the V-Tubin' myself.

jesus christ this thread is MVP of SA, thank you

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

VelociBacon posted:

The comma to me implies a small pause in speaking.

this, but I'm also a firm believer in writing it how it should be read, rules be damned

(it's still good to know and understand the rules, as there's a reason rules exist to begin with, but unless you're doing a research paper or something I wouldn't sweat whether the comma is "correct" or not)

say it out loud and if you don't hear the comma, leave it out

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
wordpad files, just a grotesque number of poorly labeled folders full of wordpad files

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

deep dish peat moss posted:

Is there any iPad drawing app that has something similar to Aseprite's "Pixel Perfect" mode where a brush maintains 1-pixel width no matter how many pixels your brush crosses over? Like the bottom line in this example:

I make pixel art in Procreate right now and it's a huge pain in the rear end to do single-pixel lines, but I do most of my drawing in a physical location where I don't have access to a computer.

Edit: Found an answer: Pixaki.

...Huh. Anyone know if there's a way to do that in Photoshop?