Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

here my advice. Don't do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

draw a box is gay as hell, if you want some good courses go look up Vilppu

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

really though what the other poster is getting at is you should just approach the kind of subject matters you feel passionate about now, as best as you can in the same way a five year old approaches drawing dragons or godzilla: they don't measure proportionality of the vanishing point no they pick up the crayon and get going. and like their work your output will suck as well cuz youre both beginners, but drat if there isn't something charming in both.

really youve got to approach drawing like a child because else youre setting yourself up for all work no play fundamentals which can be important but imo not at the beginning of a drawer's journey. and btw if you do not want to advance your own ability like crazy forget a course, take a real life desk lamp and box and shift them around in different poses for live drawing. and that means drawing exactly what youre seeing, not what you think youre seeing (you look at the subject matter, glance down to paper, forget how a certain angle is indeed angled but instead of checking again and indeed carefully looking you draw what your mind best thinks the angle should come out as).

do all this while you grind out some Vilppu bucks (because he really is the man) and eventually you may reach a point where you can attend live model drawing sessions, another way to improve vastly superior to the enormously homoerotic drawabox (pejorative)

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Thanks all for the answers. I’m kinda terrified of failure so I was really worried that, as someone starting with no drawing skill at all at 34, unless I followed a correct growth of fundamentals path I’d never get any better no matter how much I tried

just imagine how good you'll be at 44

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

both interchangeably