Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Genuine Stank
Apr 25, 2004

mcsuede posted:

Okay this is really pissing me off: Photoshop (CS4) enter is committing text, not adding a return, so that text typed after enter just appears over the existing line instead of on a new line. I'm on a laptop, using the normal enter button above the right shift. How do I change this!? Currently I'm having to create new text boxes for every line and it's extremely frustrating.

Edit: Even multi-line copy+paste ends up all jumbled over each other on one line! Help!
Edit: Windows XP

Have you tried a soft return? shift+enter. My macbook pro will do a return when I press fn+enter as well. It seems like there is something wrong with your preferences if c/p is getting messed up.

Etherwind posted:

Photoshop

Is there any easy way to turn this image into a simple line drawing?

I'm not particularly great with Photoshop, so excuse the dumb question.

Not really, no. The best suggestion I have is to get used to using the pen tool, though I suggest you use illutrator if possible.

Ringo R posted:

I love you.

Edit: Ok, what's going on here?

I've just used Effect / blur / gaussian blur. There are no shapes that are in the way. The only reason I can think of is that it's a fairly large map and my computer just couldn't handle the blurring or something.

Illustrator shouldn't even have photoshop effects in it, in my opinion. Try using blend, it is more complicated, but will give you much more control.

InDesign I want to view my documents in high quality mode all of the time every single time, Is there a preferences page that I am missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Genuine Stank
Apr 25, 2004

Zurich posted:

close all your open documents and change the setting.

this works for everything - default type settings, for example.

e:f,b

A teacher had that suggestion, but I found out this is what happens when I don't have any documents open.

I feel pretty dim though, I decided to take a close look at all of the preferences available and lo and behold, I find the display performance preferences. No longer will I suffer bitmapped illustrator files! gmc9987, that is exactly what I found in my version of cs3.

VersionCue I use it for personal use, confined to my laptop. Does anyone have any experiences using an actual versioncue server?

That Genuine Stank
Apr 25, 2004
I have been thinking, I would really like it if I could figure out a way to make the fonts in indesign work like the palette in that I could remove unused fonts. The best way that I can think of to do this is to deactivate the fonts. The problem that I am running up against is that, even though I am using an external font manager, suitcase fusion, I can't seem to deactivate anything that is already activated.

What gives? Am I forever condemned to having papyrus and comic sans pollute my font menus? I am usix osx 10.5.6 by the by.