Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Customer Service
Jun 20, 2004

I'm not wearing any pants
Can anyone recommend a good CSS menu making program? (or online app or Dreamweaver extension?)

I've searched but most don't give me the customization and options I need, like sub-menus that appear when you hover, and controlling delay and transparency etc etc.

It's that or they're stupidly expensive and don't even offer a demo to see if they're any good. (Like most DW extensions I've seen on Adobe's site) There was one CSS menu extension from pluginlab but it makes the code in such a way that I can't edit it outside of the program which really annoys me.

The best I've seen is Opencube's Quickmenu, but it seems way too expensive for a program that does one thing. Someone seems to have made a copy at https://www.mycssmenu.com but I don't know if it's safe to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Customer Service
Jun 20, 2004

I'm not wearing any pants
I think my earlier question got lost in all the other posts, but I need to expand on it anyway.

I need to do a website for someone who wants it to have a side menu where submenus fly/pop out to the side when you mouse over it.

The only way I know to do that is some sort of CSS/javascript thing. (I've been trying to find a good program to make one with) But my boss insists we can't use javascript and that there's a way to do it in plain html. I haven't been able to find that way myself.

Does anyone have any idea on alternatives, or am I out of luck?