Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Can anyone recommend a good intro drawing book? I cannot sketch/draw at all and I wanted to work on that just as something to pass the time. I guess I'm looking for something like "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" but better? Is there a definitive good intro book? :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Beat. posted:

I think the best thing to do is take a class, that is what got me over the initial "hump" of getting into drawing...one that I've used that is decent is Drawing: A Contemporary Approach by Claudia Betti and Teel Sale but really it was my first drawing course that really got me into it.

Yeah I figured I'd get told to take a class. Ill check out the book thanks!

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I need a simple Wacom tablet or something that I can just use my own handwriting for a website and simple cartoony drawings on. I'm not looking to invest that much, and I hope to find an older thing off eBay. Any recommendations? It's gotta be USB, though.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
How do I get semi-transparent tables and stetch to fit backgrounds?

Something like the main table on http://www.darrenhoyt.com/about/

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
You can use the clone stamp or the healing brush. If you press the alt key, you get to sample the colors next to it, then bit-by-bit you go over what you want to get rid of.

Google has millions of tutorials, here's one: http://tutorials-photoshop.com/basics/clone-stamp-erasing/index.php

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I hope this is the right place, I can't find a general web design thread.

How do I create the top box that fades between images like a slideshow? See the font design pictures that change.

http://www.typography.com/fonts/font_overview.php?productLineID=100033

It's a specific javascript, but I can't get it to work when just copying theirs. This is a pretty popular format amongst the Web 2.0 fare, but I don't know what its called and I'd prefer to just use the fading PNGs rather than a Flash format. Any ideas? :(

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Thank you so much!

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

burexas.irom posted:

While we're on the same topic: I remember seeing work by another artist that was in the same vein, but a bit more like Bosch. A recurring motif was some sort of hellish parade. Anybody know his name?

Giger?

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Disharmony posted:

I'll be taking my DSLR camera (just the kit, nothing else) to the beach in a few weeks and to get to the said beach you need to ride a small boat. So I was wondering: what are some ways to protect your camera from splashes? Are ziplock bags effective?

Yeah should work. Check out the "Beginners DSLR" thread in the Dorkroom for a better answer.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Select all, move to C:\Windows\Fonts

If it's just the font files, you can select all and right click and "Install" will be right on top.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I couldn't find a good place on the forums for this, but I figured this would be the best place to ask. Does anyone have an invite for ffffound!? I end up bookmarking so much and I can't find a decent source to get an invite for an account. I know some CC goons have to have accounts...

If anyone can share, my email is numberneuf (at) gmail (dot) com

I'd really appreciate it :cheers:

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I got this info from a Chinese site: http://world.people.com.cn/GB/57505/6724763.html

"New Delhi, May 7. After a fire in illegal squatter settlements, a little girl with an exposed wire in her mouth shows a look of disappointment. Local firefighters said the fire left 3 dead, 4 wounded."

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Is there something like FontBook for Windows?

I should really just invest in a Mac :smith:

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Is there a general Illustrator/Photoshop thread?

No. 9 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Is there a clothes designing thread? I want to make a few shirts and not the typical screen print on American Apparel. A bit more fashion-y as dumb as that sounds. If there's not a thread, does anyone know any good resources for fabric, printing, cuts, etc.