Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
One of you JA2 experts needs to make a gamey LP with 1.13 and the game as hard as it can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Ion Mage posted:

Why all the Ira hate? early game shes a decent enough a medic and pack-mule, enough so that I don't have to worry about spending money to hire another merc for those tasks (early on I want to use my money to hire a good merc for a short while, to get myself footed in the country and also to get his weapon afterwards :v). And if you let her practice and shoot in a while, she becomes a respectable enough shot, for free.

Yeah, her voice is annoying, but not enough to negate the above.

She's an annoying shemale who complains all the time.

edit: Kind of like Jaheira (you know who this is if you're a big enough nerd).

edit2: Has no one really modded any new portraits to the game? I mean there are a ton of huge TC's and other mods but no new portraits?

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 17, 2009

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

onionradish posted:

:barf:

:colbert:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
The ultimate team of cheapo mercs:

Igor
Barry
Thor

Got all bases covered (mechanical, medical, gunner with Ira doing teaching) and they all have high wisdom (Thors is 97, what the gently caress!) and while they're not really badass like Razor they're not crazy annoying like Flo or Gumpy or MD either.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Wow that seems really cheap. $3k for a merc with customized attributes beats the hell out of hiring a team of dudes, seems like it would mess with the balance a bit.

Good to know for playthrough 2 :)

Atfer you learn the ropes the choice of which mercs to pick boils down to who you like the most, not who's the best at something. Sure 6 IMPs will make the game easier, especially in the start but the mid to endgame will be more or less the same.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Rho posted:

Goddamnit, this thread made me reinstall JA2. I'm thinking of trying a game with just one guy (IMP merc), any tips for someone doing this the first time?

Expert Night-ops.

Pray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fiendish_Ghoul posted:

Wow. I almost never get any merc interaction. I guess part of that is because this time I've got 3 IMPS, but I've almost always ended up going with my trusty standbys like Buzz, Raven, and Shadow. I got Magic this time because he has good stats, but lockpicking must be the most worthless skill in the game.

It's all moot anyway, because both the quicksave and other save I made just after taking the fourth sector of Meduna are both apparently corrupted and crash the game on loading. Probably best I put this game away for a while anyway.

Yeah well the game is a lot more fun if you, you know, don't cheat.