Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadlabsRobot
May 1, 2005

I see what you did there....
Grimey Drawer
Stumbling over this thread ignited the itch for JA2 again. I played it a lot over the last twenty years but my last attempt, also a result of stumbling over this thread, ended badly since it kept crashing the whole time.
I used to enjoy playing with some sort of combination of 1.13, aimnas, big maps, nhct (or whatever it was called) but I can't remember exactly what was compatible with what, and I guess new versions change that as well. Going to the bears pit to find info on what is what and find the relevant links is always a pain so I'm hoping you could help me. What is compatible with what nowadays and where can I find it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadlabsRobot
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

quantumfoam posted:

https://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/ is your best bet for a mostly vanilla Jagged Alliance 2 experience.
Android? WTF I can play this on my phone now? That's nuts.
I take it that this is not based on 1.13 so not as many options to set regarding AI behaviour etc but rather a much more vanilla version?

MadlabsRobot
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing JA3 for a couple of days now and I must say that I'm pleasantly suprised. Sure, it is not as extensive in detail as JA2 1.13 etc but better than vanilla JA2, or at least as far as I can remember vanilla JA2. Once the modders sink their teeths into JA3 it might turn into something just as good as JA2 1.13, or better.