Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
I manage a boatload (several hundred thousand) images for work. We are implementing a Digital Asset Management System so that I don't have to pop into lightroom and export photos every time someone needs to make a powerpoint.

Due to a vendor problem, when we imported ~100k photos into the DAMS, the DublinCore keywords did not get ingested into the DAMS metadata.

There is a way around this: I can upload a spreadsheet with the filenames and the keywords to the DAMS and it will input them for me

BUT

how do I make lightroom export me such a list? I just need 2 excel columns: file name and keywords. I am willing to spend money on this solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

If you are sql handy, the lightroom catalog is just a sqlite database. The queries are annoying but the main table of interest is Adobe_images. Adobe_images has a column id_local which will reference rows in AgLibraryKeywordImage, and rootFile which gets you the on-disk file name from AgLibraryFile. When you need to convert the keyword id to their string, AgLibraryKeyword is the table to query.

I am not handy in that regard but I can relay this message to someone who is!

• Locked thread