Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm getting headaches trying to figure out the best way to set up my library/imports/collections/catalogs/archiving/etc in Lightroom. I'm fresh to the program and would rather get that sorted out sooner than later. What are some reasonable ways to handle that? I'm not going to have any sort of insane setup. Right now my photos will be on my iMac, soon backed up via cloud, and I'll likely play around with the iOS CC apps once I get the urge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Since I’m still in the process of learning Lightroom I honestly think I’m out. It’s the standard and has the largest collection of info and tutorials, same with photoshop, but nothing adobe does makes any sense and the subscription system is garbage. I can’t be convinced to stick with it because of it’s status anymore. It can’t be too hard to find LR and PS alternatives that I like.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 19, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kilometers Davis posted:

Since I’m still in the process of learning Lightroom I honestly think I’m out. It’s the standard and has the largest collection of info and tutorials, same with photoshop, but nothing adobe does makes any sense and the subscription system is garbage. I can’t be convinced to stick with it because of it’s status anymore. It can’t be too hard to find LR and PS alternatives that I like.

Has anyone done this? I’ve hung on but eh I don’t see the point.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

After switching to Affinity for their illustrator I really really hope it’s true that they’re working on a Lightroom alternative. Has there been anything about that lately?

• Locked thread