Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

RangerScum posted:

Some people asked how I got the dark look from the foggy day pictures, I will give a brief and sloppy run-down.

1. The original incredibly grey picture. It's foggy.
2. Slight exposure boost, increased clarity and contrast.
3. Maxed blacks.
4. Exposure boost, reduced highlights.
5. Desatured blue and aqua.

It's pretty easy, I did it all in Lightroom.

I think it's time for me to dig into my archive and look for foggy pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Just want to add that a graphics tablet makes post work much, much nicer. You don't necessarily need to shell out for the top of the line, I feel pretty satisfied with the cheaper Wacom Bamboo 4x6 tablet, although the stylus isn't quite as comfortable for long periods as the Intuos' is. The Intuos' hold their value fairly well though, so not a bad investment.

Seconding this. I borrowed a tablet from a friend and goddamn it makes a world of a difference. Heck, aside for gaming, I stopped using my mouse.

Tindjin posted:

Oh yea I've run the trial version a couple times in the past when I just needed to do something but never put a bunch of time into it. Finally started getting into taking pics more than just "when I had to bring the camera out" which is what got me to actually pay the money for it so I didn't have to deal with the trial stuff.

I guess the "I paid a lot of money for this program and I don't want to waste it" type of motivation is the most effective.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The guy apparently doesn't live that far away and in fact visited my city at least once. I love his processing, but he has the same basic composition for almost all of his city pictures.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Is it kosher to say that I still have a Photoshop CS5 license for Macs that I can't use anymore because I switched to Windows and I'm willing to sell it? Well, the cat's out of the bag now I've said it, just scared it's rather :filez:

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Make sure you create an empty transparent layer first, and have the tool of your choice sample "Current & Below".

• Locked thread