Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008
What would be the best way to artificially light a bulb? I didn't have the means to light it in the studio so I had to have the model hold it. It's shot on a white backdrop, by the way (I currently don't have the image file; it's on the other laptop. I'll post it when it's done, though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008
Does anyone know how good of a job Lightroom does with finding files? I'm planning on doing a rather large backup and it would be pretty rad if it was able to figure out that my files went to a harddrive.

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008
For portraits, just remove any glaring blemishes instead of nuking the entire face with the healing brush. Also, instead of desaturating the ENTIRE photo, use the Select > Colour Range tool with Colour Balance to reduce your reds (or your blues and magentas for extremities).

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008
Also, I've found that using the clone stamp at a low opacity (~30% ish) works wonders for areas with large pores or other things that you'd normally completely annihilate with the healing brush.

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008
Man, you need to stop desaturating your stuff. His skin tone looks FAR better in the original.

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008

the posted:

Hello, i'm hoping one of you may have an easy fix for this issue. When I view my pictures in Adobe Bridge the colors look great, but when I open the same picture in Photoshop CS3 the pictures lose some saturation. If I save the file and re-open in bridge, it looks great again. (i'm going through this since I just got a new PC and monitor)

Here is a screenshot to illustrate:

Click here for the full 1032x799 image.

Bridge and photoshop both seem to be set to "North America General Purpose 2" color settings. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Are you shooting RAW + Jpeg? Sometimes image browsers use the Jpeg as a preview rather than the RAW.

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008
also why in god's name wouldn't you move that poo poo behind you when you're shooting

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008
Whoa, did not know those existed.

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008
Quick lightroom question:

So, 20% of my catalog's photos are in my old file naming scheme, whereas all my new stuff gets converted to DNGs and put into a massive dated folder. Is there any way to convert the old RAWs to DNGs en masse and move them to this massive dated folder (a la the import options) via Lightroom without having to meticulously go through each folder?

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008
then how am I supposed to get heart shaped bokeh!!!!

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

Chase Jarvis is doing a live photo post processing http://blog.chasejarvis.com/live/ right now. Booya.

the tweets following this are pretty hilarious

'hey wut kind of lens do u use'
'hey wut kind of camera do u use'

which is baffling because although I'm not watching this I wouldn't doubt that Chase has been name dropping all the makes and models of his equipment like he does in every goddamn video

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008

xzzy posted:

I know when I point the camera towards the sun, either the sky gets blown out or the foreground is a shadow.

Maybe he combined multiple exposures?

pretty sure it's just a gradient mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008

Paragon8 posted:

It's a really frustrating business model for me personally just because they're not selling knowledge, just a magic button. People make MAD cash out of it.

I use a mix of actions I've bastardised and created just to get me in a ballpark and from there it's individual tweaking.

To be fair it also must be pretty frustrating for them that people like me have 5k worth of their actions and have not paid a cent

• Locked thread