Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpecialAgentCooper
Sep 15, 2008

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
I have a question that doesn't really apply to either photography or post-processing, but 1) I don't want to muck up the forum by making a new thread for such a small question and 2) I doubt anybody knows more about RGB vs CMYK than the people posting here. So:

I have an image with only green, white, and black in it, nothing else (arty photo manip basically). It's in RGB and I need to convert it to CMYK for printing, but the green hue I used is too bright so the color conversion dials it down a bit to a duller blue-ish green. This is a bit annoying but I kind of expected it, whatever. But when it gets "converted", will the color I see in Photoshop match whatever color is on the printed copy? Because when I save the same image as a jpeg, it appears as a horribly bright neon green, much brighter than the one in Photoshop. So which one is closest to the print color?

Am I missing something really blatantly obvious? Is there a way to get something close the original color in CMYK? For reference, the color I originally used was #009900. I'm not really sure what to expect from what I print, especially since I can't afford a crazy monitor calibration setup. Again, sorry if this question doesn't really fit in with the general discussion/impressive tutorials, but I thought somebody here would understand my problem best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread