Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

SirRobin posted:

I think a more important question is just how much more poo poo will we have to eat from Adobe before someone comes up with a replacement for LR? Affinity Photo is good enough to replace Photoshop, Affinity Designer is a perfectly capable substitute for Illustrator. Neither have any subscription plans and crippled feature sets for people who don't want a part of them. You pay once, you get your software and that's how I like it.

Adobe's development efforts seem to be focussed entirely on designing new and shittier ways to squeeze more money out of us.

So who wants my money?

I picked up Affinity Photo when I got my x100f precisely because it was a fixed cost. I know how I am when learning something (I’ll dive in headfirst for a week or two, ignore it for a month or two, and then come back to it slowly over time) and I just couldn’t justify the monthly cost, knowing there are going to be months when I ignore it completely.

With that being said, it sucks to learn on a tool that isn’t industry standard because finding tutorials is a lot tougher, which discourages learning. Vicious loving cycle, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread