Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bobmarleysghost posted:

Why do you want 2000+ photos?
Did you really look at every single one and thought "This is a keeper." ?

I'm willing to bet if you pick 10 of those 2000 you'd get more than a better idea of the trip.

I'm now digging through 4.5k photos from a vacation and after the first pass I have about 10% selected. Not all of them are fantastic, just poo poo like the Trevi Fountain being just a flood of tourists resulting in pretty boring shots, but what you're gonna do. Especially on this trip, where I've been on three continents, I can't really choose just 10 and have them be representative of anything. Still, I'll probably do another pass and keep 10% that have the most artistic value as for prints and stuff.

Speaking of which, is there any way to filter for photos that have been modified since last export? I already exported this first batch as jpegs but then went back to fix a few photos. I could do the whole batch of course but it would be nicer if there was a way to just update the handful that is actually needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I too use IrfanView but mostly just for the first round of purging the undesirables. It's definitely faster than importing everything into LR first. But once the obvious crap is gone, I find that LR provides much better tools for pruning it further, so I can mark some candidates for keeping and deleting and then go thorough them a few times before making the final decision.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nmfree posted:

...is possibly the worst superhero I've ever heard of.

Is this him? Seems to be pretty spot on.

• Locked thread