Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Is Lightroom 4 still the default choice for basic but good photography software? I don't really do much post processing but I want a good program that will at least organise my collection and sync easily with SmugMug along with all the basic post processing tools. The other bonus of Lightroom is that I can get it for with a Student Discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

teethgrinder posted:

I'd say it's considerably beyond "basic". It will certainly do all those things you require. I think organisation is an extremely strong aspect of it, for what it's worth.

Okay well that's good as Picasa is just not cutting it for me at the moment. I don't take photos all that often but when I do I want to hook up my camera and have the software move/backup/categorise my photos without much effort. Are there no other products worth looking into?

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I’ve got about 100 Gb of GoPro movies now that I want to make into a short 10 minute summary movie. What are the best programs for this? Can anyone link a good guide? I’ve never done any video editing before.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, I couldn’t find a video thread anywhere.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Thanks for the responses. I’m a windows person I’ll probably go with Premiere Elements. I already use Lightroom for my photos so should be a straight forward jump I hope.

• Locked thread