Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
Has anyone ran into an issue where both Photoshop and Lightroom wants to read the color temperature of photos completely wrong? They had both been fine for quite some time but then they started acting up while I was shooting some concerts last weekend. For some reason now it wants to read photos at a temperature of 7200 (or at least that's what it displays). But here's the weird part: it's not all of the photos. Some were loaded with the correct values. Also when I view the photos in IrfanView with the CR2 plug in they are displayed correctly. If I crank the color temp to 50,000 then they come close to looking correct but then things like Exposure and such are thrown off. The bit that's really baffling is that why did it start happening 'mid-stream' and why did it only affect certain photos?

Here's an example that should help explain what I'm seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

http://midi2lightroom.com/index.php/en/

Using a MIDI controller for Lightroom is a pretty cool idea. Especially if your controller is robust enough to handle multiple pages of settings for the encoder knobs and such.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

I'm looking at getting a scanner to scan in my Instax photos and eventually some negatives once I get my Spotmatic going again. I've seen recommendations for both the Epson V550 and V600. But when I'm comparing the two the only obvious difference the V600 has is better support for OCR or something (which I honestly couldn't give a poo poo about). Am I missing something because it seems like the V550 would fit my needs.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

Sauer posted:

The v600 is a v550 with whatever ArcSoft PhotoStudio is included. I like my v550 for scanning medium format negatives. Does 35mm well enough for internet use but I wouldn't print anything from its scans.

Yeah for 35mm I was mostly looking at scanning for archival/internet use. Though I am curious to know why not to use the scans for print (unless it's a format size vs. DPI sort of thing).

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

I always feel like the odd one out since I actually use IrfanView to look through my pics, copy the best pics to an edit folder, and then go to Photoshop from there. Part of that could be because I've really only ever used LR for final image conversion and the fact that I'm not really a fan of the UI. But on the other hand going that route has allowed me to work pretty efficiently instead of waiting for LR to do anything for me before I start doing any editing of any sort.

• Locked thread