Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FordTimelord
Aug 11, 2004

brad industry posted:

I also use these a lot in addition to zoom in/out so I can see what I'm doing quickly:

h - hand tool
tab = show/hide toolbars and menus
f = change view mode (press 3 times to get nothing but the image on the screen)

I'm sure you know this, but for others: I like the space bar for hand tool, because it only modifies your cursor as long as you hold it. CS4 adds that functionality to many of the tools... which I love. So 'i'(eyedropper) only samples as long as you hold 'i', and then you're back to the brush, or whatever you were using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FordTimelord
Aug 11, 2004

torgeaux posted:

Adobe Camera Raw is easier. Just use the "straighten" tool, draw a line on any line you want to be horizontal or vertical and it straightens and crops automatically (if you want, it won't crop if you tell it not to."

If you double-click the crop tool after that, it will rotate the preview and zoom to fit the bounds of the crop to the preview window. (Might just be CS4)

• Locked thread