Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I want to put together four photos in a 2x2 pattern. Is there an easy way in lightroom to make sure the colors match between the photos? Just using the same settings makes one of them look off, even though they were taken using the same settings at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

thetzar posted:

How same were the settings? And what's off? If you shot in AWB, the temperature might have shifted between shots. If you're copying and pasting settings in Lightroom, it might be copying and pasting "as shot."

The only camera setting that varied was aperture. I had to manually correct WB, and set all photos to identical values. I fine tuned exposure to make the location of the color peaks in the histogram match, and kept all other settings identical (including camera calibration).

One of the four photos is stiched together from two shots, but that isn't the one that looks off.

All shots have some grass in the foreground, and the color doesn't completely match. The effect appears to be much stronger when looking at the thumbnails than when I put slices of the images next to each other, for whatever reason. To my eye the second row looks slightly different than the others.

E: I've also tried to use the print module to put the images together, but it doesn't accept "30" as being a number between 10 and 254. Yay adobe!

E2: Ok, I figured out the last part. If the page orientation is rotated, when you change the width it thinks you are setting height to 0 and vice versa, since it then reads from the wrong input field.

Ika fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 5, 2017

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

thetzar posted:

I see what you mean; in the thumbnails, #2 looks juuust slightly more yellow than the others. As slices, my eyes don't detect a difference. Weird.

Maybe it's an artifact of the resizing? I don't know man, I've got no useful advice for you.

Its a really weird minor effect, but I spent some time messing with it with the help of a friend and its better now. Its not just the thumbnails, when I view all four full sized images exported and tiled 1:1 on a 4K screen its slightly noticeable. The one that's off was taken 12s after one of the normal ones, so no idea what caused that.

Ika fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 7, 2017

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Encrypted posted:

Is that under sunlight? or it could be the flickering lamps.

Sunlight + few clouds, but they weren't in front of the sun during that time. Unfortunately I don't know if I can show the full shots, I happened to run across a fund raising event and was allowed to take photos for myself + a staff member I know, but I haven't asked about posting them anywhere.

• Locked thread