Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Was the OP's image taken in Tapiola by any chance?

Clicking the image leads to the flickr page - this image is part of a Tapiola set, and is tagged Tapiola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Kazy posted:

There's no promo, it's the new pricing for Lightroom. $79 upgrade, $149 full.

LR3 was on sale for about a week, for 150 euros (half price). There is a 30 days return period (not even sure if it applies to the digital download version though). About 34 days after the sale ends, they announce LR4 full version, for 135.

But I can upgrade for about 75. Thanks. I knew LR4 was coming, and wasn't bothered. Thought I'd maybe spring for the upgrade (thinking I'd still be getting some sort of deal). Well poo poo...

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

LR3 was on sale for about a week, for 150 euros (half price). There is a 30 days return period (not even sure if it applies to the digital download version though). About 34 days after the sale ends, they announce LR4 full version, for 135.

But I can upgrade for about 75. Thanks. I knew LR4 was coming, and wasn't bothered. Thought I'd maybe spring for the upgrade (thinking I'd still be getting some sort of deal). Well poo poo...

Damnit, I was hoping I was eligible for the free upgrade, so applied. I bought March 2. Customer service closed my case. I would have had to buy March 6 or later to qualify.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

In Lightroom 3, is it possible to print a single photo so that it spreads over two A4 portrait pages? I can add two pages, but can't get a photo to stretch over the two of them.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

In Lightroom 3, is it possible to print a single photo so that it spreads over two A4 portrait pages? I can add two pages, but can't get a photo to stretch over the two of them.

Anyone? I want to print out one landscape picture over two portrait A4 sheets. Or the sheets can be landscape too.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Thanks for the replies - I had thought about that, but the cropping might be a bit 'fuzzy' anyway, and I was worried about getting them to line up. But maybe I'll give it a shot.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

casa de mi padre posted:

But Lightroom 4 is $20 off right now so I guess I'll just buy it.

You might as well just wait for LR5 if you can.

I am still on LR3 and will probably upgrade to LR5.

I would have updated to LR4, but Adobe pissed me off so much. I bought LR3 when the price dropped to 50% off. Then about 32 days later, they released LR4 full version for the same price I paid for LR3. Just as the digital download returns or free upgrade window closed. So to get LR4, I would have had to buy the upgrade version.

I knew LR4 would come out at some point, but I didn't think they'd change the pricing so radically. I thought I'd still be on top if I bought LR3, then later upgrade version to LR4. Would have been cheaper to just buy LR4 full version.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Is it adding to the "target collection", and the target has defaulted to mobile uploads?

I actually was wondering where quick collection has disappeared to... But if you have one, maybe you can set it to be the target?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

tater_salad posted:

I mean um not entirely committed to adobe products, anything would be a learning curve, I last purchased photoshop probably 10 years ago for school so it's all changed up from what I'm use to.

Lightroom is good and there are tons of tutorials all over the internet. There is a trial version.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I have some photos that were taken early evening, still light out, but indoors with indoor lighting. My subjects are in front of big windows. When I adjust the white balance to remove the orange from the walls and people, I have massive amounts of blue from the windows. In Lightroom, what is the best way to remove the blue?

I've tried the eyedropper to lower the hue, saturation, and luminance of the blue, but I think I go too far, and it gives the outside either a dull grey or green appearance. I don't mind spectacular views, I just want something that is less in your face, but also doesn't look like I'm doing selective colour.

Am I best off setting the white balance to make outdoors neutral and then working on the interior colours? I'd rather avoid going down the meticulously masking path, but if that's the only way, I can give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Thanks, I'll have another play around with it.

• Locked thread